Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
crazyjetskier
My Device: Not Specified

Available Apps not showing up

Hello-

I have a Sprint 8330 Curve (CDMA) and when I first downloaded BB App World , after each catagory I got a number in parenthisis (like games were 230).

My friend has a Sprint 8330 Curve (CDMA) as well. When he downloaded and installed BB App World, he would only have say 7 applications in the Games category available for downloading.

It seems like his application didn't download the shortcuts to all of the applications that are available.

The troubleshooting i've performed was take battery out and back in, uninstall and reinstall bb app world, turned memory clean on, deleted all cookies, cache,etc from browser.

Please help, my friend REALLY wants to start downloading applications but he can't see all of the ones that I see.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BBerryDragon

Re: Available Apps not showing up

I had a look at this with a couple of different BlackBerry 8300 series smartphones and it appears that the software code determines what is available to the user.  I would check the version of software code under about and see if there is a difference between them.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crazyjetskier

Both handhelds are 4.5.0.131 w/ platform 3.4.0.25. Again both are 8330 CDMA Sprint only difference is one is BES tied the other is striclty BIS. The one with BIS is the one having the problems.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belis43

man...i am having the same problem, if you hear anything please let me know.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belis43

any luck? i just got a new phone from sprint and it still does not work. and the people from blackberry are not helpful at all.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Belis43 : which people at BlackBerry did you contact?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crazyjetskier

I'm a bes admin so I contacted my tam and the dart group at rim
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belis43

i keep on calling the number that sprint gave me for the blackberry support line. I called them and one lady asked what app world was....so i knew i wouldnt get any help from them.One guy said they are not familiar with it since it is a third party applicantion but i have no idea why the new apps are not on there. My girlfriend has the same phone and she has like 200 more games then I do on mine...no clue and all the settings are the same. I am pissed lol.
Please use plain text.