Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
smover
My Device: Curve 8330

BB App World Missing

All of a sudden the icon for BlackBerry App World has gone missing from the main screen on my BB. The application shows up in the list ofapplications under Advanced Options then Applications. However, I cannot find the icon to access the application. I have tried deleting it and then reinstalling it and that has not worked.Has anyone experienced this before? Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? Regards, Scott
JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB App World Missing

[ Edited ]

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.

Do a simple reboot, also: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now look all over again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Mel23
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

I have been having the same problem on my Curve 8530.

If i go under applications it is there and says it's installed but I can't find the icon anywhere. I tried searching every folder, I tried a battery pull, I tried deleting and re-installing nothing has worked.

If I try to download an app it says "item you selected cannot be displayed" and asks me if i wish to save it. Whether I say yes or no it tells me it is unsupported data.

How do I make this work. There are several apps that I"m interested in and it's partly the reason I bought a blackberry over another phone.

Please help!!

Hays31095
My Device: Curve 8530

I just got a new theme and my app world disappeared.. for me doing the opposite actually worked.. i unchecked show all and it appeared however that works lol

New Contributor
snackatack2000
My Device: curve 8520

mine disappeared to about a month or so ago, i have reinstalled via browser but it said it was already there and did i want to override so said yes but its still not there, i love seeing what new applications there are and now i cant :smileysad:
New Contributor
Oswietie
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Most of my friends and I have the same problem. I've tried your advice and it did not work. I don't even have a Download folder on my phone! Is it a software problem or is it a RIM problem?

JSanders

Oswietie wrote:

Most of my friends and I have the same problem. I've tried your advice and it did not work. I don't even have a Download folder on my phone! Is it a software problem or is it a RIM problem?

On your 9800 look in the Download panel or tab, swipe right of left on the home screen, if you are on the "ALL" panel.

If you still don't see it, use your browser to go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download it again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Oswietie
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Thanks, all advice did not work. But I reinstalled from the web and all is fine with my phone.

JSanders

Oswietie wrote:

Thanks, all advice did not work. But I reinstalled from the web and all is fine with my phone.

Good, that's exactly what I recommended :smileywink:

If you still don't see it, use your browser to go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download it again.

Knowledge Base Updates
rhdelacruz
My Device: Blackberry 9800

I experienced loosing my APP WORLD with my BB 9800. I tried many options that I read on blogs and other sites, but all of them didn't work. What I did is connect my BB9800 on my laptop and upgraded my OS to a new version that the Desktop Sofware asked me. It will take about an hour but its worth waiting for. After the upgrade, i erased my APP WORLD in "Application Manager" (Options>>Device>>Application Manager) and tried to download another App World that you can see on the Blackberry Website. To download APP WORLD just key in the following on your browser: www.blackberry.com/appworld/download. after downloading, there will be a pop up notification that will ask you to restart/reboot you BB, just click "restart now" and wait for your BB to turn on. After you've done all these steps, you will be surprised that your APP WORLD ICON will appear together with your other applications. Hoping that this would help you solve your problem with your BlackBerry. :smileyhappy: