Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
agtsih
My Device: bold 9900

BB App world And OS update issues

Hi.
I can't see my Blackberry World app. I just updated the app and rebooted the phone but still can't find it.

Also I've been trying for several weeks to update my OS from 7.0 to 7.1 but every effort has proving abortive. Pls could you help me out! Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB App world And OS update issues

Hello agtsih

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're having problem inlocating BlackBerry App World then first be sure it is not hidden.For that On your HomeScreen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “, then search for it , also check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder , if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “unhide " .

If still unable to locate then you can try reinstalling it , but first delete any existing version of BlackBerry World from Options >  Device > Application Management >locate and delete BlackBerry App World from there. Once deleted perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is powered on .

After reboot use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and download the most recent available for your device model.

------------------------------------------------------

Regarding OS update problem , you can try a manual update process if you're having problem . All you need is a PC, an USB cable , an internet connection to download the OS pack and ofcource an Active BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from your Carrier AT&T . If you wish to continue then let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agtsih

Thank u! The first solution worked!
How do I proceed with the second problem. I have the 3 things now. Is there a link to download d update for my at&t Bold 9900
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

I'm glad you first issue has been solved :smileyhappy:

For you second issue , to perform a manual update I assume you have all 4 things that I asked , So can you confirm if you already have an Active BIS in your account from your carrier AT&T ?

let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agtsih

I have an active BIS from another carrier. At&t is not presently active in Nigeria, where I am at the mo
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Thanks for this Update !

If you already those , then you're not limited to AT&T but you can use any carrier OS pack you desire , all you have to do is delete a few VENDOR .XML files from the PC , To Update your device Software please follow those steps :

1.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Try it and let us know if you feel any issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agtsih

Ok. Let me try that out
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Sure... try it and let us know of your progress.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.