Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
popizza
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom

BB ID CANNOT RECOGNISE EMAIL WHEN LOGING IN

[ Edited ]

I had 4gotten my BB pin, so I reset it, it didnt want to log in, so I deleted the BB ID and created a new one with the same email adress. now when I log in using the same emaiol adress and the new passowrd it gives message. 'please enter username associated with this device' when I click on forgot password it displays the very same username I tried login in with and sends the reset email to that adress and Im able to change the passowrd but when I log in it shows the same message: 'please enter username associated with this device'. however I can log in with the same details on the computer.

I also need to now how do i access BB protect since I cant login

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB ID CANNOT RECOGNISE EMAIL WHEN LOGING IN

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this KBs (along with those it references):

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

Given what you did, you may actually have managed to create a totally new BB ID, and your BB is not recognizing that the credentials you are using match to the BB ID it was previously associated with. Hence, you need to follow through the KBs and actually WIPE your BB so as to change the associated BB ID credentials.

It's a new security level...once a BB ID is configured onto a BB, it cannot be changed without a WIPE...and, even though you've used the same information, it is "behind the scenes" a brand new BB ID and not technically the prior one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.