If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Prune
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB ID was registered with nonexisting email address--now cannot reset password

When I registered for Appworld, instead of typing my email address as @rogers.blackberry.net I typed it as @rogers.blackberry.com
In any other registration system in the world, the email address would have been verified before accepting it. But Appworld developers apparently assume that people are perfect and never make mistakes.
Now I cannot receive the password reset email and I cannot get any support either. My provider, Rogers, insists that Appworld is a RIM service and they can not only help me but would also not escalate the issue to RIM; I talked to a manager and same thing. Calling RIM, they told me to go through my provider...
Tell me RIM, do you think it is fine to ask for $49 USD to reset someone's password?
I have been a long-time advocate of BB phones among my peers and my company, but this sort of horrible, awful, terrible experience in trying to resolve something so trivial has convinced me that RIM has become so complacent about its market position that caring for its customers is a waste of money. Screw the customer!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Prune

Re: BB ID was registered with nonexisting email address--now cannot reset password

And so, in my last ditch attempt, I turn to the community of other frustrated users: how do I reset my password when the account associated email is invalid? Or at least delete my account so I can create a new one while keeping my apps and keep getting upgrade notifications?
I am extremely uncomfortable in having my paypal information stored in an account I have to abandon!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB ID was registered with nonexisting email address--now cannot reset password

Hello,

While this won't help your situation, it is actually quite astounding that Rogers won't help you. As a formal carrier, they are 100% responsible for all support to their user base, including issues such as this with AppWorld. To deny you escalation into RIM to resolve this feels quite contradictory to their contractual responsibilities to both you and RIM.

While we never can expect anyone from RIM to be looking at these issues and taking any actions, let us hope that your case will be the exception to that rule.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

From what ive seen with these appworld issues you may be forced to change the email. For whatever reason RIM is unable to make back end changes to these accounts and their solution is to use another email address. In my opinion that is not really an acceptable solution but that is what they say.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

I have a few questions for you before we can dive into this.

Did you have a BlackBerry ID with App World 1.0? Also do you have any paid applications that you downloaded?

Also could you private message me with your BlackBerry PIN and Email address that associated with your BlackBerry ID?

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Prune

After several days of trying various passwords and variations, and getting the lockout multiple times, I hit upon the right one.  Now I've corrected the email address.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Excellent, glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Visitor
snoopygp
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

Can not reset password for bb id
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

snoopygp wrote :

Can not reset password for bb id

Hello snoopygp

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Why are you unable to reset your BlackBerry ID password .

KB26361 :   How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

KB28685 :   How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question.

KB28111 :  Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address.

KB28232 :  BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

Please try it and see if you are able to Reset your BlackBerry ID password.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.