Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jabikaram
My Device: BB Torch 9860
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

BB maps for Torch 9860

Hi,

I just got a BB Torch 9860 and try to download BB maps with no luck at all. I got the following message:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Map".

The only requirement that I see on the website is "* BlackBerry Maps is only available on devices running device software v4.1 and above"

I already installed the latest version of the software.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BB maps for Torch 9860

Take a look at this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19220

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

The link that Wolf359 provided should help. Be aware that the download that is available for BlackBerry Maps is actually for a very specific use and it does not actually contain the BlackBerry Maps application. To reinstall it, you can try to reinstall it using the BlackBerry Desktop Software as outlined in the above link, or if that doesn't work, download the software for your phone from the AT&T download site here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Install the file to your computer, then try to reinstall BlackBerry Maps using the Desktop Software again. If you have any difficulties, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jabikaram

Hi Krypto,

I am using AT&T as mi carrier company. I can see an application called "AT&T Maps + Nav" that costs me $10/month. The icon shown in the BB 9860 demo is way different and I suppose it is free. Am I wrong?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Yeah, there should be a free BlackBerry Maps application. Did you accidentally delete it? Double check to make sure that you're indeed missing it by touching the search button on the homescreen and just type maps. It should be a green icon with a purple trail (that's how it appears on my Torch 9860).

If it's stil missing, then the easiest way to get it will be to do the following. Go to the link I provided in my post above. Download the OS by selecting the Torch 9860 from the drop down menu. Once you've downloaded the OS file, install it to your computer.

Next, on your computer, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader (if your computer is a 32 bit computer, then you won't see the (x86) folder - just go for the regular Program Files folder).

Open the file named Loader.exe and then connect your BlackBerry. Click Next and then next again. The Application Loader will now check your BlackBerry. Once that's done, you'll be at a screen where you can select applications. Find the application called BlackBerry Maps, check the box, and then proceed by clicking next. This will add BlackBerry Maps to your phone.

Now then, just to be safe, I do recommend backing up your phone first. Although it isn't necessary, it's good practice, just in case something goes wrong.

Try that and let us know if you have any problems.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jabikaram

Thanks Krypto!

That solved the issue
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Excellent!   Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chato1946
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

I did this but it isnt showing me any apps other than whats on the phone already. I delete BB maps off the phone so I am trying to put it back but it isnt offered at apps world. Anyother suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

A software reload will reinstall maps:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...