Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
rachaelabery
My Device: bold 9780

BBM UPDATE - SCREW UP!

Can anyone help?

On monday my bb told me i had an update for BBM, as normal i went to install the new update only to have lost that and my app world, I went online to re install my app world but everytime i do, it takes so long and tells me my session has expired so i have to start again only to have the same problem.

Can anyone tell me when this problem is going to be resolved?

thanks

New Contributor
ellieds69
My Device: Blackberry 9790

Re: BBM UPDATE - SCREW UP!

rachaelabery wrote:

Can anyone help?

On monday my bb told me i had an update for BBM, as normal i went to install the new update only to have lost that and my app world, I went online to re install my app world but everytime i do, it takes so long and tells me my session has expired so i have to start again only to have the same problem.

Can anyone tell me when this problem is going to be resolved?

thanks

Hi

Been told by Blackberry to go back to your service provider.

hope this helps.

New Contributor
rachaelabery

Really? I phoned orange the other day, they were not much help - told me to put back to factory settings?
They said something about desktop software but I don't use it and have been trying to install that also and I can't even do that for some reason. I'm not very technical so that probably doesn't help. I don't really want to do factory settings - it will be very last resort. I'm off to town today so will pop instore and see what they suggest.
Thanks
New Contributor
ellieds69

Hi Rachel

O2 told me that there were problems on BBM messenger, what BB failed to tell their customers was that some of you will not be able to get back on to BBM, so my daughter has been without BBM for 3 days....(poor girl  :Yawn:) so i called BB in the USA - number is 0800-096-2201 and after several options got through. After telling my PIN number they came with " I have some good news for you for this to be resolved"   it was to call my service provider.....joke i say.

So O2 told me to recreate your BB ID from scratch and PW and then wait for email that says you are now connected on the wireless network, once you have that restart the phone.  Orange have a cheek to say restart the factory settings when it was only an upgrade......

Try and re do your ID on app world.

good luck

E:Clap:

rachaelabery wrote:
Really? I phoned orange the other day, they were not much help - told me to put back to factory settings?
They said something about desktop software but I don't use it and have been trying to install that also and I can't even do that for some reason. I'm not very technical so that probably doesn't help. I don't really want to do factory settings - it will be very last resort. I'm off to town today so will pop instore and see what they suggest.
Thanks

New Contributor
rachaelabery

Thanks, I will try that. Was a cheek! Its not a major issue for me but its rather annoying that the service made for this fone I no longer can use!
New Contributor
ellieds69

well this just puts me off BB all together really, prefer Whats app... hope you getting working again.

E
New Contributor
rachaelabery

I wish I stuck with samsung, never had a problem with them! Roll on july when I can have an upgrade! :smileyhappy:
Thanks for help
New Contributor
shivangimanu
My Device: Blacberry Curve 8520

I'm Using Curve 8520. N just wanted to get those new Smileys on my BBM..... Tried to upgrade the BBM7 ..... First I got my BBM6 uninstalled, n now it says tht this application is not available for my device.... :smileysurprised:. Howsitt even possible .....iv been using BBM since ever.... Bt now NO BBM :smileysad: plz help n rectify my problem..... I want my old one only... Not interested in BBM Voice.... Its been 48hrs now :'( pz help!!!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ellieds69 wrote:

Hi Rachel

O2 told me that there were problems on BBM messenger, what BB failed to tell their customers was that some of you will not be able to get back on to BBM, so my daughter has been without BBM for 3 days....(poor girl  :Yawn:) so i called BB in the USA - number is 0800-096-2201 and after several options got through. After telling my PIN number they came with " I have some good news for you for this to be resolved"   it was to call my service provider.....joke i say.

So O2 told me to recreate your BB ID from scratch and PW and then wait for email that says you are now connected on the wireless network, once you have that restart the phone.  Orange have a cheek to say restart the factory settings when it was only an upgrade......

oh my. Does not feel like becoming an O2 customer.

How come me, a mere BlackBerry 8900 owner, have more information than an O2 support person?

To reinstall BBM 6.2, read ahead:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: