Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

BBM and App World disappearance following BBM 7.0.0.126 upgrade

I have a Blackberry torch 9800. I have the most recent Software upgrade. Last night I attempted to upgrade my bbm, upon resetting my phone, both BBM and App world had disappeared from my home screen. I searched in "application management" and both appear there. It says they are "not running". I deleted and reinstalled App world, but the problem persisted. I also attempted to redownload BBM but it says my OS (v6.0.0.141, Platform 6.4.0.64) is unable to support it. I reset my phone, pulled out the battery and all other seemingly universal remedies but to no avail. I performed a master reset, vis.a.vis security wipe from the phone (wiping both Emails, Contacts, etc. and user installed applications) but again neither bbm or App world are accessible. I am growing increasingly more frustrated and could use some help. Thank you

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BBM and App World disappearance following BBM 7.0.0.126 upgrade

Hi AugustoSatrialle,

Check the below knowledgebase article for App World icon missing -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

After having app world try uninstall and reinstalling BBM 7.0. If that fails then head to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 and download BBM 6.0.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Thank you for your response. The bbm solution DID work. I had to revert back to the old version but thats fine. I also attempted each of the app world solutions and they were all unsuccessful.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

AugustoSatrialle wrote:

Thank you for your response. The bbm solution DID work. I had to revert back to the old version but thats fine. I also attempted each of the app world solutions and they were all unsuccessful.

Hi,

For your resolution should be as per below (provided that your existing device OS remains). Or else you need to up update your device OS version to .706 above.

Cause 1

BlackBerry App World was updated to 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65 on a BlackBerry 6 smartphone with older BlackBerry Device Software.

Resolution 1

On BlackBerry 6 OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.55.

1. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3
  3. After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted.
  4. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.

BlackBerry 6 smartphones with an upgrade path to BlackBerry 6.0.0.706 OS or higher should upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Device software available from the wireless service provider in order to resolve multiple issues with BlackBerry Balance.

On BlackBerry 6 OS versions 6.0.0.706 and higher and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the latest version of BlackBerry App World.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit