Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
melissa_scho
My Device: blackberry torch

Bb app world not downloading

Hey guys could you please help me, my BlackBerry torch lost my bb apply world icon from my phone and because of that I can get any apps, at first I thought it was because I hid the icon so I went to the menu. Button and unticked the hide button but that didn't change anything, so then I went to my device, application management to check if the bb app world was still there and it was, so I then went on to pull my battery out to see if I restarted my phone maybe the icon would come back but once again no result. So then I went back to application Management and deleted the bb app world pulled my battery out again to restart my phone so I could download the bb app world from scratch, I went into my Internet. Browser and downloaded the bb app world but before it even finished downloading this is what I git (Error :Invalid manifest or application descriptor the MIDlet-Name attribute is missing) please could someone help i think I have tried everything and don't know what else to do.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bb app world not downloading

Hi melissa_scho,

Did the BlackBerry App World™ icon disappear after upgrading the software? If so, the following article could help.

KB29422 - BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4...

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!