Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
cerasmus
My Device: I don't own a Blackberry

Billed App World "purchase" for non blackberry user

[ Edited ]

Blackberry App World billed me, trough my provider for an in game purchase. The following is information I received from my provider.

please note that you purchased the game Chips for Slots King - Magm on the 2013-03-14 16:10:49 from the Blackberry App World, Kind Regards, Vodacom Customer Care - Advanced Data Support Team Cassandra Bagus

It is impossible for me to have made this purchase as I do not have a blackberry, and do not have BIS or BES.

My carrier insists the issue needs to be sorted out by Bango. Bango insists it needs to be adressed by Magmic. Magmic insists it must be handeled by Blackberry, and blackberry insists I must contact my carrier.

I did not receive an email with details of the transaction nor any other confirmation like a sms.

How do I contact blackberry support to try and sort out the mess without a reference for the transaction and without even a blackberry pin?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Billed App World "purchase" for non blackberry user

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since it sounds like you have already exhausted all other channels, then you might want to proceed with filling out this form regarding a refund: https://www.blackberry.com/technicalsupport/index.do?ft=generic

Sorry if this is redundant...but I can't tell, from what you posted, if you actually already tried that...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
cerasmus
My Device: I don't own a Blackberry

I have the same problem using that page, since I do not have a blackberry I do not have a blackberry PIN.... I simply get this reply

...  Please correct the following item(s):

• Please provide a valid Blackberry Smartphone PIN

Seems there is no mechanism to talk to Blackberry if you do not own one of their phones. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to stop them for charging you for purchases on their app store.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...that indeed is frustrating I'm sure. Sadly, what I'm going to ask that you do now is going to only add to your frustrations. What I want you to do is to contact again your carrier, but this time try to get escalated beyond their first level support, perhaps even trying to find the specific department/individual referenced on the original message you quoted ("Vodacom Customer Care - Advanced Data Support Team Cassandra Bagus"). Try to convince them to help you, since contractually, you are their direct customer and you have no contractual relationships with any of the other parties to whom you've been referred, and therefore no ability to actually contact any of them. Vodacom has a channel to escalate up to BlackBerry, but they will need to be convinced (by your charming personality - I recommend that rather than antagonism) to do so.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
BlackBerry Development Advisor
splashwire
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

@cerasmus Please check your inbox for a message.