Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
euphoriabb
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MobileOne

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

Hi,

I would like to know when will Singapore App World users be allow to start buying Paid Apps?

There is a strong interest over here to purchase "whatsapp" from BB App World, but it is not available yet.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

euphoriabb wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know when will Singapore App World users be allow to start buying Paid Apps?

There is a strong interest over here to purchase "whatsapp" from BB App World, but it is not available yet.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Just to set your expectations, these forums are not a user-to-RIM support channel...rather, they are a user-to-user system. Additionally, the ToS of the site forbids anyone with authoritative forward looking information (such as you are requesting) from releasing it here.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
euphoriabb
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MobileOne

Hi,

Thank you for the infor.

Is there a email support for me to get to RIM directly?

It seems all so confusing in getting a simple answer to my question when the support directs me all over yet without a decent email i can use.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

euphoriabb wrote:

It seems all so confusing in getting a simple answer to my question when the support directs me all over yet without a decent email i can use.

well, you have a link "CONTACT US" at the bottom of this page. But the question should rather be asked to your carrier, since it's your country carriers that did not complete the contrat with RIM.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

euphoriabb wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the infor.

Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

RIM does provide a form submission method for AppWorld support here:

But, the same rules about not releasing non-public information will apply...hence, I have doubt that they will be allowed to answer your question, even if they know the answer. You are asking for forward-looking information -- and typically RIM (and most other companies in the world) resist releasing such information since that sets an expectation that, if unmet (due to any number of reasons), would only serve to upset people even more.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
roxy4149
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I got my new BB Bold 9700 a couple of weeks ago, but it seems that I have to keep downloading the App World. Every time I turn my phone off or do a battery pull the App World disappears. Sometimes the icon just disappears, and sometimes I go into my options and then to applications to find App World not there at all. I have had to redownload it about 7 times now and its getting quite annoying and time consuming.

How can I get App World to stop disappearing on me?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
TxMudSlngr
My Device: blackberry curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

This seems to be the only way for me to post but i am having one heck of a time trying to transfer apps to my new phone. After 3 tours with problems i had to get a curve and my 3 pin changes are up. When i try to use the appworld support as suggested on these forums it tells me i have an invalid pin??? If it is wanting the old pin the phone was a week old, i dont remember. What am i supposed to do now? This is very frustrating.......

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello TxMudSIngr,

the best way for you to solve that 3-PIN changes issue is to contact your carrier hotline. They will be able to forward you to the RIM support (free of charge) and RIM support will then allow you to link your AppWorld account to your 4th PIN.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
screenpod
My Device: Not Specified

I upgraded my BB 8900 last week to a Bold 9700. I have been trying to install BlackBerry App World and something is going wrong. It downloads and installs just fine but when I go to run the app I get the error "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I have deleted, rebooted, redownloaded, rebooted the device multiple times and always get the same error message. I had this problem once on my 8900 and deleting and reinstalling solved the problem. I do have a data plan on the 9700.

My carrier is T-Mobile and the 8900 was also with them and ran BB App World with no problems.

What other things can I try in order to get BB App World working on the 9700?

Please use plain text.
asparageese
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Help! I keep getting the message "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Surfing with the browser's fine, as is email, BBM, etc, so I'm not sure why it's telling me network connections are the problem. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing BB Apps World, have tried battery pullout .... and it still doesn't work!

I'm on:

- Telkomsel Indonesia

- BB Bold 9700

- v 5.0.0.405

- BIS (I think -- it's a personal-use BB)

Thanks!

Please use plain text.