Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
gandalf
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

I am having the same problem.  I fill in my email address and click get application.  The arriving email sends me right back to the same page where one enters the email to get application link.  Is my Bberry browser not configured correctly?  I can never seem to get the application download link to actually download the application.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

gandalf wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I fill in my email address and click get application.  The arriving email sends me right back to the same page where one enters the email to get application link.  Is my Bberry browser not configured correctly?  I can never seem to get the application download link to actually download the application.

Hi there,

That often happens with the web-catalog for AppWorld since it is unfiltered. The on-device app shows only apps that are compatible with your BB...I suggest you attempt that method of obtaining the app.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
cjc582
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330.  Every single time I try to log on to blackberry app world, my browser freezes.  I've even tried different times of the day, it doesn't matter.  The only way to get out of it, is to pull the battery.  I'm trying to figure out if this is a blackberry app world issue, or my service provider.  Either way, it sucks.  I haven't been able to get any new apps for a while now.  I'm thinking it's time to get rid of blackberry!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

cjc582 wrote:

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330.  Every single time I try to log on to blackberry app world, my browser freezes.  I've even tried different times of the day, it doesn't matter.  The only way to get out of it, is to pull the battery.  I'm trying to figure out if this is a blackberry app world issue, or my service provider.  Either way, it sucks.  I haven't been able to get any new apps for a while now.  I'm thinking it's time to get rid of blackberry!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Your browser freezes? Since AppWorld is an app on it's own, I'm confused by how what you describe could happen. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

cjc582 wrote:

hello,

when I use AppWorld, the browser is not invoked. Can you detail why your browser gets opened?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
KaLin
My Device: Not Specified

New Contributor
Cortney17
My Device: Curve 8250

I have the Blackberry Curve 8520, and i am having slight problems trying to download applications,  it would say 'the item you want cannot be displayed, would you like to save?' ive ensured my phone meets all the requirement and i live in the UK which allows it to work.

i have no idea how to sort it..

and its really frustrating...

any help?

Cortney

x

Lort22
My Device: bold 8520

How did I reset my blackberry email account? or if I want to delete and create a new one, which is the procedure?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Lort22 wrote:

How did I reset my blackberry email account? or if I want to delete and create a new one, which is the procedure?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If you are talking about the dedicated email address for your BB (usually @bb or @carrier type of address), then you need to contact your carrier as they manage that account for you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Lola30
My Device: Bold 9700

is there a solution for app is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server ??? I'm having trouble trying to download any app I didn't have any trouble before the blackberry ID apper then the first time I create a blackberry ID from the celphone didn't have any trouble  but now when I try to login  to download an app I keep getting this error and all my connections are working just fine 

thanks for any help I have a bold 9700