Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Reply
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 47,696
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

 


yassersn wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

I have BB Torch 9800 & I'm using it with Vodafone Egypt, I can't access the App World from my BB, it gives error message "Blackberry App World in not currently available in your country. Please check Blackberry.com/appworld for updates" I'd like to know why it is not available in Egypt & when it will be?

 

Please consider this as a request on behalf of THOUSANDS of Egyptian Blackberry owners that we want to be able of using App World like other countries.

 

Thanks & regards


 

Hello,

 

If you do some searching and reading in these forums, you'll find the following:

 

1) These forums are not a vehicle for making requests of RIM, Carriers, or anyone else. Rather, these forums are a user-to-user support community where volunteers try to help out other kind souls. ALL non-fee formal support for EVERYTHING starts with the carriers and authorized resellers. NO formal support is available here.

 

2) AppWorld availability in a particular country is a complicated matter. It requires that RIM, the carrier, and the government all come to agreement. As the primary for-profit entity in that triad, it has always been my suspicion that RIM is not the one trying to hold back the process. But, I must refer you to my item 1 above...nothing about what I've said is authoritative...nor is anything authoritative available in these forums.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yassersn
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎01-04-2011
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support


sdgardne wrote:

 

Hello,

 

If you do some searching and reading in these forums, you'll find the following:

 

1) These forums are not a vehicle for making requests of RIM, Carriers, or anyone else. Rather, these forums are a user-to-user support community where volunteers try to help out other kind souls. ALL non-fee formal support for EVERYTHING starts with the carriers and authorized resellers. NO formal support is available here.

 

2) AppWorld availability in a particular country is a complicated matter. It requires that RIM, the carrier, and the government all come to agreement. As the primary for-profit entity in that triad, it has always been my suspicion that RIM is not the one trying to hold back the process. But, I must refer you to my item 1 above...nothing about what I've said is authoritative...nor is anything authoritative available in these forums.

 

Good luck!


Thanks sdgardne,

 

I tried to e-mail RIM asking but they sent auto reply referring to this Forum! So I thought that I might get a formal answer.

Can you give me a RIM official e-mail to contact then to get a formal answer?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 47,696
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

 


yassersn wrote:

 

I tried to e-mail RIM asking but they sent auto reply referring to this Forum! So I thought that I might get a formal answer.

 


 

They often refer people here as there are several folks who hang out here a lot and have a lot of helpful information...and are willing to share it. But it should never be confused with any part of your formal support.

 

 


yassersn wrote:

Can you give me a RIM official e-mail to contact then to get a formal answer?


 

No...because there is no such thing. Your question falls under the guise of your support contract...for which you must talk to your carrier in order to not incur fees. You could also try, I suppose, any of the "Contact Us" addresses on the RIM main web pages...but I suspect you'll get pretty much the same answer as you already got from them.

 

Keep in mind...for them to divulge anything to you would likely be in violation of any negotiations that they may be involved with. Typically, one can never receive any forward-looking information of this kind. Nor would they be likely to reveal the details of any negotiations that may have already happened (in which perhaps the three parties could not come to agreement). Such would not be in the best interests of all of the parties involved and there likely are confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses that are in play. But, again, I can only hypothesize.

 

Yes, I realize that leaves the consumer out in the cold not knowing what is going on...but, I might postulate that situation to not really be that unusual, especially where governments and carriers are involved.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
canyflu
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-13-2011
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

When I try access my Blackberry App World it responds in saying “Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections” I later acknowledged that I have to setup a Blackberry App World ID to be able to access it but when I try creating an ID it gives me the same response what do I do? Please help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 47,696
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

[ Edited ]

 


canyflu wrote:
When I try access my Blackberry App World it responds in saying “Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections” I later acknowledged that I have to setup a Blackberry App World ID to be able to access it but when I try creating an ID it gives me the same response what do I do? Please help

Note: Double Post...see dedicated thread here:


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Member
chaf
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tre (Sweden)

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

Hi

I cant login to appworld. First i couldnt create a blackberry id using appworld on my bold 9700 i got stuck on loading after i acceptid the terms. I then used my computer to create the blackberry id. When i try to login with my phone i got stuck on loading when i push the login button. 

I live in sweden and has 3 as my carrier. Anyone know why it dosnt work?

 

My phone is a bold 9700 os 5.0.0.770

I have the latest version of appworld.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 47,696
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

 


chaf wrote:

Hi

I cant login to appworld. First i couldnt create a blackberry id using appworld on my bold 9700 i got stuck on loading after i acceptid the terms. I then used my computer to create the blackberry id. When i try to login with my phone i got stuck on loading when i push the login button. 

I live in sweden and has 3 as my carrier. Anyone know why it dosnt work?

 

My phone is a bold 9700 os 5.0.0.770

I have the latest version of appworld.


Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I think that the fact you are in Sweden is the cause...see this link, scroll toward the bottom and select the link of available countries:


Do, however, be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

 

 

 


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cate1976
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
My Device: Corve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

I'm having bother as well, had an app on my Curve which had an upgrade, the upgarde failed which uninstalled the app.  I bought the app again, went to get it on my phone and here's what happens:

Soon as I get to the app world, I sign in and go to my world.

App I'm having bother with is at the bottom with unstalled in the first column.

I put a check in the box which changes the wording to Pending install.

Bottom right of the page, click on synch.

Get to page which is only showing the app and click begin synch.

Within a few seconds I get unkown error showing on the page and I've been logged out of appworld so have to sign in again.

Going to the shop I got phone from tomorrow to ask if they're aware of it as I can't find any information on the tech support section of here about the latest version of app world.  Also going to report it to relevant authorities as I can't see any way of getting a refund for it.  It's theft to take my money and not let me have the app.  I can get upgrades to existing apps with no bother, I think it's something to do with being in UK even though app says that it's available to people in UK and my phone is on the compatible list for the app.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 47,696
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

 


cate1976 wrote:

I'm having bother as well, had an app on my Curve which had an upgrade, the upgarde failed which uninstalled the app.  I bought the app again, went to get it on my phone and here's what happens:

Soon as I get to the app world, I sign in and go to my world.

App I'm having bother with is at the bottom with unstalled in the first column.

I put a check in the box which changes the wording to Pending install.

Bottom right of the page, click on synch.

Get to page which is only showing the app and click begin synch.

Within a few seconds I get unkown error showing on the page and I've been logged out of appworld so have to sign in again.

Going to the shop I got phone from tomorrow to ask if they're aware of it as I can't find any information on the tech support section of here about the latest version of app world.  Also going to report it to relevant authorities as I can't see any way of getting a refund for it.  It's theft to take my money and not let me have the app.  I can get upgrades to existing apps with no bother, I think it's something to do with being in UK even though app says that it's available to people in UK and my phone is on the compatible list for the app.


Hello!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

 


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cate1976
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
My Device: Corve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

Thanks for that, have tried it and  logged into app world on my phone and it now says the app is installed but when I tried to get the upgrade, it said that Jigsaw Plus is not available for download from Blackberry App World.

 

I've also tried doing it from my laptop by doing the same as I did before but getting as far as synch and it's saying unknown error and I've got to sign back into app world.

 

Going to O2 shop in town this afternoon to talk to the staff member who has a bb. 

 

I was able to download and istall a free app last week, so i think there's something dodgy going on with paid apps.

 

I've also been in touch with Paypal in case there's an issue their end but there shouldn't be as according to my account details the transaction is completed and funds were taken from my bank account.

Please use plain text.