Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Fedi91
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry App World issues

BB App World does not work at all. I've created two different accounts thinking the first I created was the problem yet it still does not work.

So here is the issue: I choose an application, I go for the download and BB App World asks me for my e-mail and password and as soon as I enter them, this appears on the screen: An errour occured, please try again later. This "later" actually never comes, since it never works!

I downloaded BB App World again, re-tried and yet still nothing.

How am I supposed to fix this? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World issues

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB25882"An error has occurred. Please try again later" is displayed when the user attempts to login to BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sSidhu91
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem but now when I try to enter into MyWorld or try to upgrade to a newer version of AppWorld it says "please wait" and this please wait is never ending...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sSidhu91 wrote:

I had the same problem but now when I try to enter into MyWorld or try to upgrade to a newer version of AppWorld it says "please wait" and this please wait is never ending...

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sSidhu91

Now when I try to login into MyWorld via BlackBerry ID it gives me a message saying "enter the username associated with this smartphone"...it goes nowhere from there

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sSidhu91 wrote:

Now when I try to login into MyWorld via BlackBerry ID it gives me a message saying "enter the username associated with this smartphone"...it goes nowhere from there

Hello,

Sorry, but I'm going to now ask you to be more precise...please don't leave us to guess anything. For instance, from what you posted there, that's exactly the behavior I'd expect. If you let it sit on that "enter the username..." screen and do nothing yourself, then it's certainly going to do nothing. You need to enter the username and password and then click the (I think) Login button. Then, it should do something...and you need to be very explicit about what it does...

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sSidhu91

I enter the username and password correctly (blackberry ID) but in return it says..."enter the username associated with this smartphone"..Iv tried to change my password as well but it gives the same message. The username and password are correct.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

How are you positive that the username and password are correct? Have you use the web-based AppWorld (from a PC/browser) and logged into your AppWorld/BBID account from there? If so, then it might be the multi function nature of the BB keyboard...the keys you are pressing may be correct, but the resulting characters may be incorrect due to active/missing caps/alt/num or other key modifiers...watch the screen carefully to be sure that the proper characters are being sent.

Otherwise, maybe this KB will be helpful?

• KB25668 BlackBerry App World keeps returning to the sign-in screen.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sSidhu91

Yes I have tried to login from a PC and it works fine. The keys are fine and the characters entered are correct as well. The solution you suggested above I have already tried but no luck with that either

Please use plain text.