Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
MACp
My Device: Curve 8520 v5.0.0592
My Carrier: Movistar

BlackBerry App World requires that your device radio is turned on to continue.

[ Edited ]

error

when using THE APPLICATION from the website shows me the error BlackBerry App World That Requires your device is Turned on radio to continue.

I do not understand because I do not know which radio activated

BB Curve 8520
SO V 5.0.0.592

PC Win7

Browse IE8 32 and 64 bits
Mozilla Firefox

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry App World requires that your device radio is turned on to continue.

Manage Connections > Mobile Network > UNclick the connection to your service provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MACp
My Device: Curve 8520 v5.0.0592
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: BlackBerry App World requires that your device radio is turned on to continue.

JSanders wrote:

Manage Connections > Mobile Network > UNclick the connection to your service provider.

Thanks for answer

Mobile Network function On or Off?

Please use plain text.
sagarsaysguess
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Coporate MNC Staff

Hi,

My Name is Sagar Rathod. I M a new user for Blackberry. I have recently activated the Blackberry Plan. & was trying to Download Application from the Blackberry Site. ( Facebook ). I got the same error. so i was searching a crack for it in which i found ur link. I tried the Ways mentoned by you people. But still i m not able to Solve the Problem. I m using the same System & Firefox. When i get the drop down to select by BBM PIN & when Selected then i get this error Message :

" BlackBerry App World requires that your device radio is turned on to continue." 
  I went to Manage Connection & Turned off network & tried it but still same error is coming. I tried it by Turrning on aswell but still i m getting the same error.
  Can u tell me is there any other way i can Download the application in my Blackberry phone. ( Facebook Application ). ????
Please use plain text.
Visitor
FifthCast
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

The same thing happened to me and I don't know what to do now... My father just gave this phone to me and I just wanted to install a dictionary but the error on step 2 just keep on showing even though I turned on my Mobile Network already. I even tried turning on everything including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but still no luck...

Please help us. Thank you.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
inflyover
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I am also getting the error trying to get into App World.

I have a 9800 Torch with ATT ver 6os

I've closed the carrier connection. I've also tried different combinations. Nothing is working.

Thanks for any help out there.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gabpower
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: TELUS

I just got this new phone. It's not even activated with my carrier yet. I installed BB Desktop Software and AppWorld (took 4 tries for AppWorld).

I have the same error has above. The lack of information is very frustrating.

Anyone found out what's the solution?

BlackBerry doesn't seem very good at the moment for me, clunky and weird desktop screen that you can't configure enough (my 2002 pocket pc was more efficient than this new thing), cheap camera and poor app website. I cannot recommend BlackBerry to people I know yet. RM has to make a better OS or they'll struggle to stay in the business even more soon. At least I don't have to use a certain music player to upload MP3s. What's next?

Please use plain text.
TimG1971
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have had the same problem, but I have got it to work.

I did turn off the mobile network as the previous poster said, then I shut down and restarted the phone. Now it works.

Remember to turn your mobile network back on when you are done.!!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
abhimanyua
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: Vodaphone Essar Ltd

i am also getting the same thing. tried everything but nothing seems to be working.....

need help friends.....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Please read the following (long) discussion:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/ID-Login-to-App-World-Authentica...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.