Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

My Device: 9700 Bold

BlackBerry ID password reset?

Hi,

I have forgotten what my BlackBerry ID password is, and the clue that comes up when I ask for a password reminder, does not assist either (As the usual password I associate with this clue, is not working in this case).

Is there anyway to have RIM reset this password??

Or in my case, can I now simply not download ANY Apps?

They should really send you an email - to your registered email address if you have forgotten the password.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry ID password reset?

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try this procedure, it's got step by step screen shots.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB24127 How to reset a BlackBerry ID password

KB24331 Password recommendations for BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry email addresses, and BlackBerry ID accounts

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: 9700 Bold

Many thanks for the link,

however on step 3: Enter the answer to the security question that was created during your BlackBerry ID account creation.

when I enter my answer it says it is incorrect, and therefore cannot reset the password.

Is there any resolution in this regard?

Many thanks,

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

gpiasecki wrote:

Many thanks for the link,

however on step 3: Enter the answer to the security question that was created during your BlackBerry ID account creation.

when I enter my answer it says it is incorrect, and therefore cannot reset the password.

Is there any resolution in this regard?

Many thanks,

Hi,

You might try this link to reset your password, I don't know if it works the same way as

the other link. ( I would have tested it but I really didn't want to change mine! :smileywink:)

Blackberry ID website

If you haven't yet purchased any software with your Blackberry ID, you can create a new one.

KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID for use with BlackBerry App World 2.0.

I also attached a link to the main support page for App World.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

App World support page

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

did youi find a solution to this? i have the same problem. when i select forgot password it prompts me for my secret answer in order to send an email, i answer the secret answer evidently correct because i then receive an email. the link in the email asks the secret question again i give the same answer as before and it tells me i am incorrect. is there a phone # anywhere where i can call and talk to customer support??

My Device: Not Specified

Have you found the solution to this password problem?  I have the exact same problem with my password. Help anybody.

My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Im totally in the same boat !!! Aggravating! I looked around for some kind of contact info and found this:

Contact Information

RIM welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Policy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy or if you wish to review or edit your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at webmaster@rim.com, and we will use reasonable commercial efforts to address any concerns that you may have.

:smileytongue:

Hope it helps everyone!!!

My Device: .