Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Markbishopuk
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry ID says 'the username & password do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID' even when correct

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded from a Bold 9700 to a 9900. For a while, App World and BlackBerry Protect worked fine. However I am now being told by both services that my username and password are incorrect, even when both are in fact correct. Whenever Protect tries to do a backup I receive a message saying 'BBID user authentication required. To use BlackBerry Protect you must validate your BlackBerry ID credentials. To avlidate your credentials click the BBID authentication required link on the BlackBerry Protect status screen'. And when I try to log in to Protect or App World the password screen tries to log me on for a while then gives the error message 'The username and password do not correspond to a valid BlackBerry ID'.

I've seen instructions here saying that if App World doesn't work on a BlackBerry froom the get-go there's a workaround that involves a battery pull and a restart without the SIM card in, which wipes the BlackBerry's memory. My situation is different in that everything has worked fine for the first week or more. Also I am not in a position to wipe and reinstall everything - too much work! Also, at least email is currently working. As I understand it, the process described at KB28212 involves wiping everything and praying it will be possible to log on afresh. There's no evidence this will work, and I'm not taking the chance.

There has to be some solution involving the BlackBerry accepting a correct username and password, surely.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suemmarsh
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry ID says 'the username & password do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID' even when correct

Unfortunately I have the same problem and I am getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of response from Blackberry. I have tried resetting the password, rebooting, updating all software and apps, accepting BB Appworlf terms and conditions, resetting my Google a/c.....nothing makes any difference. Whatever I do, I cannot get my BB Torch to accept my BB ID and password - I just get an error message saying that they have been entered incorrectly (both are correct and I have not accidentally put them in capitals ). Any suggestions welcome, otherwise I'll ditch BB and get an iPhone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Markbishopuk
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry ID says 'the username & password do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID' even when correct

The only suggestion I can offer, which worked for me, is to take the BBerry into your local branch of the network (in my case Vodafone) and refuse to leave until they give you a new unit. Then follow a logical series of steps designed to give the best chance of success:

1. Back up your BBerry

2. De-register your current and or past BlackBerrys from the app world/protect site

3. Enable the new BBerry and have it register on the network

4. Register it with app world and get emails working

5. Then restore the data

The iPhone alternative isn't that great IMO. Apple's Tasks equivalent doesn't sync with Outlook, the digital keyboard is rubbish and the battery life is even worse than the BBerry 9900's.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rmartono
My Device: dakota bb 9990
My Carrier: singtel

EExactly the sa problem that I am facin now.

I try re register with PC worldpp the problem still exist.

Anybody with solution ?

Please use plain text.
sanae
My Device: 9930

SOLVE: BlackBerry ID says 'the username & password do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID' even when correct

I got the solution from tech support of bb.

take off the sim of your phone.

start your phone without the sim.

input the good id.

then put back your sim.

it should be find.

it woked perfectly for me.

thanks to them.

Please use plain text.