If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
mistaya
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Traffic finding the best route not on Z10

I really miss this on my Z10. Is it coming to Z10. Is there a better option than the BB Maps that actually uses traffic to find a better route?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Traffic finding the best route not on Z10

Hey Mistaya,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry Maps application for the BlackBerry Z10 does offer the option to Avoid Traffic. Open BlackBerry Maps> Swipe down from the Top> Select Settings> Route Options> Set Type of Route to Fastest and Avoid Traffic to On.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
rem818
My Carrier: Verizon

Let's email them! bbtraffic_support@rim.com

I just sent the following email to the BB Traffic support team. Maybe BB will take notice and do something about this:

Dear BlackBerry,

I recently upgraded my BB 9930 with the Z10 and was more than disappointed to find the app I live by isn’t compatible with the Z10: BlackBerry Traffic. I am impressed with the overall functionality and usability of the Z10 but the lack of BB Traffic is a real deal breaker. I know that you’ll find many BB users share this major concern. In fact, a simple Google search will reveal the most frequently inquired phrase ‘BlackBerry Traffic for Z10’…

[included a screenshot of google search]

Time and time again, I have personally ‘converted’ Android and iOS users by giving them a simple demo of BB Traffic. BB Traffic became part of my day, every single day. It was a pure and solid display of what BB can do and how they separate themselves from the others.

I can go on and on about how the current Z10 apps (BB Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc) don’t even come close to the beautiful and simplistic nature of BB Traffic but again, a simple Google search will reveal all the obvious reasons.

The Z10 is crisp, neat, sharp, has a great camera, has a logical menu structure and amazingly useful hand gesture commands… all of this nice, but it doesn’t shave off 20-40 minutes off my daily commute to and from work which saves me gas, time, and makes my wife very happy. Please bring back this magical application for the Z10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mistaya
My Carrier: Bell

I find no setting to avoid traffic. I can avoid tolls, highways, hov and ferries but not traffic.
Please use plain text.
rem818
My Carrier: Verizon

Hopefully BlackBerry will be smart enought to sustain their partnership with TomTom and bring BB Traffic back to the Z10.  They have an edge that no other carrier can match; these days, that says a lot!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
effduca

I cant find Avoid traffic in settings of BB Maps too.

And when I press the "three points buttun" in lower rigth corner,  and turn on "Show traffic" nothing happens.

Peraphs Brazil are out of coverage data because local Traffic controllers already had contract with gmaps ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luffy54
My Device: no
My Carrier: foreign

is it possible to use google map like with the galaxy note 2 ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DJjjg
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Hatchback you are wrong. What the original poster was saying, and what many others have said on the crackberry forums, is that WE NEED THE BLACKBERRY TRAFFIC APP. The BB maps treatment of traffic is weak and not even close to useful, or AS useful as blackberry traffic was. Lots of BB users used to rely on bb traffic every single day for routes, re-routes, trip segment estimates, color coded bars correlating to traffic, recommendations as to trip planning based on time of day/traffic congestion, etc., etc., BB maps is pathetic or nonexistent on these features.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DJjjg
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMOBILE

blackbery clearly is NOT listening to the many users that need the blackberry traffic app to be updated to bb 10.  How hard can it be??? Its already a native bb app.  Just update it to work on bb 10!

BLACKBERRY: "KEEP MOVING."  Move your developers out of their chairs to update an app that is NEEDED by many users on BB 10. BLACKBERRY TRAFFIC IS AN ESSENTIAL APP YOUR USERS NEED TO KEEP MOVING.  If you ignore us for much longer, you will lose us, and you will look like liars that ignore your own "keep moving" motto. 

There are NO other apps that do what bb traffic successfully did on my old blackberry OS 7.  I used it on a daily basis, like many others, to minimize traffic delays in Los Angeles, and get to work and other daily commitments on time.  Please update this great app to bb 10, so the users like me who upgraded to bb10 do not have to continue to be disappointed every day that blackberry ignores its users many requests for the bb traffic app on bb 10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vyradder
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I agree with these posts. I have used the Blackberry Maps application on my z10 for turn by turn navigation with great success, but the traffic part of that app is inferior by a very wide margin to what we used to have in the BB Traffic app. Can't you folks just add a view similar to what we had in BB Traffic to the current maps app to handle this?

Please use plain text.