Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
BlkPrgn
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BlackBerry World not Launching on my Z10

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I was downloading a couple free apps last night but when I tried to go back and access my BlackBerry World Icon but It gives me a loading sign.  I've waited for the BlackBerry World App to launch but all I get is that loading sign.  I can still download apps via Internet but like I said I can't bring up the BlackBerry World Up in my phone.  Any Resolution or How do I reinstall BlackBerry World App.

Please Help.

Thank You in Advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PeterwGPS
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Re: BlackBerry WOrld not Launching on my Z10

I am haveing the same problem this morning.  I have the Loading circle of death.  I have rebooted but nothing going.  I am in US on Verizon.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,907
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry WOrld not Launching on my Z10

BlackBerry has stated this is a current known issue with BlackBerry World, and they are working on it.

It is affecting lots of users on the Z10.

Stay tuned.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
n10zmedia
My Device: z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: BlackBerry World not Launching on my Z10

[ Edited ]

I have found a "work-around" for this issue.  I too was experiencing access issues. Upon calling RIM with no resolution I figured it certainly couldnt hurt to keep trying myself.....

Anyway upon opening BBworld on the pc i went to an app and using the "Smart Tags" app I scanned the QR code on the page, this opened BBWorld to that app and I was able to download it. Also I used the "download"link on another app, this too worked.  I still cannot browse the BB World on the Z10 however I can get the apps I wanted and needed.

PS it doesnt always work the first time but it does work better than not at all

on a seperate thread i found a solution that seems to work so far

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/Z10-app-world-not-starting/td-p/2316017

Please use plain text.