Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
baumanns
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 • Bold9900 • PlayBook

Re: BlackBerry World on Z10

I haven't actually installed an SD card yet, so that doesn't appear to be the cause, at least not for me.

It concerns me that the original cause may not yet be resolved.  I was actually returning here to close my issue and open the "Globe News app is stuck at Installing for several days" as a new issue.

Contributor
ROG518ZA
My Device: 9800

Guys try connecting to wifi, worked for me.
New Contributor
mh7100
My Device: Z10

I am having same issue that suddenly and for no reason the blackberry world won't load past the blue spinning circle, please help!!
New Contributor
rmeza1

I have the same problem, it wont load past the blue spinning circle.

Yesterday everything was fine, what is the problem, help!!!!!
New Contributor
mh7100

it states above that someone reset their device and it sorted temporarily, i don't want to have to do that again, is it a device problem or issues with the blackberry servers? Please advise, it still won't go past the blue circle???
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

The app world not starting and the issue stated in this thread are different issues.

For the app world not starting try the following fix:

Step 1

Go to BB Music. Tap the three dots and selet blackberry world. Go to My World and them My Apps and Check for updates. Post this, the app world should function normally. End here if your BB world is working properly. You need not go to Step 2.

Step2

In case you dont get the option for BB World in your music app, it must be mostly due to the fact that your region doesn't have music in the blackberry world. You can try getting into the app world through the games app. In the games app, select the games tab on the bottom and then select the 3 dots. You should get an option to get into the BB World. From there go on to your my world and check for updates and download your updates. 

The next time you should be able to open up App World normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

For those who are able to open the BB World, the issue may be related to the size of the app. If the app upgrade size is big and you are not connected to wifi, you may get an error to download the upgrade.

If you are facing the issue over wifi, try signing into your app world on your pc/mac browser on appworld.blackberry.com and check your "My World". Ensure that you have selected the correct device in the device option.

Click on the apps you want to update and this should be able to send automated instructions to your phone to download the app on your phone. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
mh7100

Hello thanks for the above, i've tried it and went via the games link but it takes me to trying the world app with then again just stays on the blue circle? Any other ideas? I'm using the Z10
Contributor
mikecivic2003
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Black, Blackberry Z10 Developer

Dear ukmight thanks for your steps at last manage to get my app world working after having the circle for a few days. I used your step 1. Thank you.
Contributor
ekarama69
My Device: Z30 STA100-2

Hi ukmight, thank you for the solution. Now I can go to the blackberry world in Z10.
BlackBerry® Z30 STA100-2 (Indonesia)