Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
sivankurra
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry apps direct download failure

Sir/Madam:

I tried to install apps and themes on my BlackBerry Bold 9780 which when tried many times showed the status as waiting and with another option to continue browsing. There's no use wvwn though i tried a number of times and also restarted my phone a number of times. Please help me with a solution.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BlackBerry apps direct download failure

Hello!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
sivankurra

sir/Madam:

A message is being displayed that BlackBerry app world could not connect to the internet when i try to open app world application on my device. Internet is working fine on the device. Only issue is with downloading and installing apps on the device.

Thank you.

New Contributor
sivankurra

Sir/Madam:

I am getting the same error message again and again that there's an error in the app world plugin and so i should restart my device and try again. But it did not work even though i restarted my device a number of times and tried reinstalling app world again and again on my device.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sivankurra wrote:

A message is being displayed that BlackBerry app world could not connect to the internet when i try to open app world application on my device. Internet is working fine on the device. Only issue is with downloading and installing apps on the device. 

Hello...that is a very different result than you originally posted. You originally posted that, inside of AW, the various things you desired were sitting in some kind of waiting status. But, "app world could not connect to the internet" is a strange sounding error message...is that the exact and complete message? Exact and complete error messages, including all punctuation, are critical to properly diagnosing situations. So please re-post what the exact message is so that we can properly understand.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sivankurra wrote:

I am getting the same error message again and again that there's an error in the app world plugin and so i should restart my device and try again. But it did not work even though i restarted my device a number of times and tried reinstalling app world again and again on my device.

And now I am confused even more, for the "plugin" error message is typically presented when you have tethered your BB to your PC and are then using the PC browser to access AW, which can function with the BB in this manner. But this is completely different than what you started with (using the on-device AW app).

So I am confused and request that you clarify exactly what you are doing, exactly how you are doing it (e.g., on-device AW versus tethered PC-based AW), exactly the steps you attempt, and exactly the results from each attempted step, including complete and precise error messages that are presented.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sivankurra

Sir/Madam:

I am sorry to make you feel confused. I shall explain it clearly which i carried out just now.

1. Connected my device to my PC.

2. Opened BB AW @ www.appworld.blackberry.com

3. Signed in with my id and password.

4. Selected themes category.

5. List of themes are displayed and a notification popped out "APP WORLD PLUGIN ERROR. AN ERROR HAS OCCURED COMMUNICATING WITH THE BLACKBERRY APP WORLD PLUGIN. PLEASE RESTART YOUR DEVICE AND TRY AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE CONTENT PROTECTION ENABLED ON YOUR DEVICE, PLEASE DISABLE AND TRY AGAIN".

On the device, Options-> Security-> Encryption-> Encrypt option is not selected.

This is what has happened. Hope i made it clear.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you, that is much more clear. It is, of course, completely different from your first post, so we shall ignore your initial report and stick to where you now are. See this KB:

• KB29599 AppWorld Web Plug-in Error appears when attempting to install applications from a computer

As you can see, this is a known issue with no resolution at this time. What is recommended is that you disconnect from your PC and use the on-device AW interface to obtain what you desire.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Knocks
My Device: Bold 9930

Clearing the cache ususally works for me.

New Contributor
sivankurra

Sir/Madam:

Thank you very much for the information.