Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

kutter78
My Device: Curve 9300

Blackberry APP world language settings

I was going through the categories on the App world on my Curve and for some reason all of the headings are in French. My carrier is Virgin mobile and i live in Toronto so I'm not sure what prompted the change. I recently upgraded to the latest version of App world so I'm not too sure if that anything to do with it. Is it possible to change the language settings back to English or am I going to have to brush up on my French from now on?

Thanks for any help you can give.

New Contributor
VonderBar
My Device: 9780

Re: Blackberry APP world language settings

I as well am looking for answer as to 'why', the category section of app world arbitrarily changed the language to French.
kutter78
My Device: Curve 9300

I just checked today and it seems to have fixed itself. Not sure how but it happened, I guess I wasn't the only one with the problem.

Csattler
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

im having the same problem. and i cant find an answer to this anywhere. this is kind of rediculous. its starting to get annoying.

Contributor
philipt
My Device: Z10; 16GB Playbook

I'm having the same problem.  Although, when I did a remove battery reboot, it appeared to solved the issue.  After another remove battery reboot today, the problem's back.  My categories appear in French, even though French is not installed on my smartphone!  This is very frustrating too.

New Contributor
VonderBar
My Device: 9780

I fixed this issue about a week ago. Here is what I did:

Go to your language settings, and change it from english to whichever you choose, then change it back to english. If it doesn't work the first time, do it again, then turn off your phone, pull the battery and check. 

I did this a couple of times, and eventually it fixed the issue and has never returned.

Good luck!

Contributor
philipt
My Device: Z10; 16GB Playbook

Without me doing anything, my language in categories mysteriously switched back to English.  This is too strange.

New Contributor
shijin
My Device: BlackBerry z10

I do have the same problem!!!!!
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900

Unbelievable. I had this issue in BlackBerry 10, too! (Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1720)

I've changed the language display to a different language and back to English and it fixed the issue.

How did this issue propagate from OS 7 to BB10?