Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry App World Default Language

Thanks for the reply mohdalsalem.

To further investigate the root cause of this issue, I would suggest you contact your network service provider and escalate this issue to BlackBerry.  We will need to gather logs from BlackBerry World.

Again thank you for your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mohdalsalem
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thanks ViciousFerret. I will do contact my operator at the soonest.
Contributor
ahmed_mh1
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I agree with Mohamed, the same happens with me.

And by the way, there is no option in the BlackBerry World setting to specifiy the Language for BlackBerry World. The only language settings are included in the General Setting of the phone, which all are set to English as we explained earlier, but the language of the BlackBerry world categories and sub-catergories keeps changing from English to arabic without any action from our side.

Thanks a lot for you.

Contributor
jayancipe

Hi Guys, 

Has any of you found a solution to this problem? I am also facing the exact same problem on my Z10.

Contributor
ahmed_mh1

Not yet, but I read some news that BlackBerry is currently working on an update for BlackBerry 10 OS, and I really hope that this update will fix this problem along with the problem of contact saved with international codes that are not appearing when receiving calls.

I also read that there is currently an update for the BlackBerry World itself rolled out to some BlackBerry Z10 users, but still is not available for me. Maybe it will include this fix.
Contributor
jayancipe

Well i really hope they do becausei can't read even a word of arabic. Meanwhile i have raised a complaint with my network provider. Hope to hear back from them in 48 hrs. Will post their feedback once i hear from them. 

New Contributor
mohdalsalem
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi Jayacipe

I'm still having the same issue and there is no way to solve by changing settings. The only thing we can do is to wait for blackberry OS or app world update.

But the us a new OS update, but i didn't install it yet because i'm abroad now.

Goodluck
Contributor
ahmed_mh1

Unfortunately guys, bad news. I have installed the new update of BlackBerry World now, it is version 4.2.1.109 but the same problem for languages is not fixed yet.

May be it is a problem on the OS level itself. Let's hope to get it fixed in the next OS update or in another quick update for BlackBerry World.
Contributor
jayancipe

[ Edited ]

Guys ! Issue resolved. :Clap:

I logged a complaint with my network provider. Seems some language setting on their end. They changed it to English and my BlackBerry world language is now "English". They called me to check if the issue was fixed and i confirmed the same. :Cool2:

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

This is great news jayacipe!

ViciousFerret, do you think you could look into this issue and why not propose for a KB article to be written about this please?

Let's compare results then, for this solution (= ask the carrier helpdesk to change the language on server side).

• mohdalsalem: not tried yet
  • ahmed_mh1: not tried yet
  • jayancipe: successful :Clap:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: