Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Re: Blackberry App World Default Language

All: I experienced a similar problem with language. Rather than English, the language that appeared in BlackBerry World app was Spanish. I followed your instructions and have a bit of a different twist / solution. I contact my service provider (T-Mobile) for assistance. The tech had me check the settings through the BlackBerry website (www.blackberry.com/appworld). The default was United States / English as it should be. I logged out of the website, turned the BlackBerry back on, checked BlackBerry World, and voila - English throughout. The tech suggested that the minor glitch seemed to be fixed after using the external website and pulling up the app. :Clap:

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks for your post, but unfortunatley that does not work for me also.

I'm still at my word that this issue of the BlackBerry World default language is a software issue , either the BlackBerry World app itself or the BlackBerry OS of the phone, which needs to be fixed from BlackBerry side, NOT from the carrier or the operator.

New Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Thanks for your reply. I just turned on my Blackberry and guess what? Spanish language returned to the BlackBerry World app. I am going to try to address the problem again through BlackBerry; I'll keep you apprised of the status. Also thanks for clarifying the root problem so I can pass it along to the techs.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

My BlackBerry World seemed to be working fine for two weeks after my post, and now its reverted back to Arabic, so frustrating!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I am having this same issue. BlackBerry, please fix this ASAP! English one day, then Spanish, then Arabic...
Chivalry Will Never Die
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Buenos Dias. Mine is in Spanish all of a sudden... what's up BlackBerry??