Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
soulaeclipse1
My Device: Curve 8900

Blackberry App World download

Hi,

I'm outside of the US, UK and Canada. (actually i"m from Trinidad & Tobago). I know that bb ap world is for persons on carriers in the three coutries listed previously, but i have a question. Apart from using a US carrier sim to download to my handset (BB Curve 8900), can i use the application loader to somehow copy the Blackberry App World app from another blackberry with it already installed to mine? Is this at all possible?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

soulaeclipse1 

soulaeclipse1
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Blackberry App World download

hello,

if an application is installed on a BlackBerry device, it cannot be copied to another device.
if your device is not from an authorized country, using a SIM card from an authorized country will not work. Both must be from an authorized country.

but AppWorld is not the only way for you to download applications on your device. It's just one among many others like bplay, mobihand, handango and getjar. Those store do not have any restrictions on countries.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.