Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
RageHippo
My Device: Curve 8520

Blackberry App World error: "Blackberry World is having trouble connecting to the server. etc."

[ Edited ]

As I said in the title the Blackberry App World can't connect to a server and thus I can't download any apps. Now I've already searched through a lot of different forums how I could solve this problem myself (and also stumbled upon this official site: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB20031&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...) but it still doesn't work. I've installed it 3 or 4 times now (version 4.3.0.32) and for some reason I can't download apps via browser because this website simply doesn't recognizes my Blackberry, although my desktop software says that I'm connected.

I've tried to download some apps via browser with three different browsers now (it actually worked one hour ago, but there simply wasn't a button to "synchronize my mobile phone"), all in normal and icognito mode to ensure that none of my extensions are blocking something, but it's not helping. I'm seriously mad right now and I will probably never buy any Blackberry product whatsoever (upgrading from 4.6 to version 5.0 alone was a pain in the bum and now this? No thanks, not again).

I've got a Blackberry Curve 8520 with software version 5.0 package 1682 and the latest version of Blackberry World Apps.

New Contributor
RageHippo
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry App World error: "Blackberry World is having trouble connecting to the server. etc."

Upon further reading I found this thread (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB28188&sliceId=1&di...) and checked Cause 2, but I don't have any Blackberry App World service book in the undersection Service Book. What to do now?