Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
dsmall
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

Blackberry App World on BB Bold

Hope someone can help?! I have a BlackBerry Bold (running v4.6.0.247) and for some reason every time I try to download an application using the new BB App World software my "Connection Times Out". I have tried disabling my wifi connection and adjusted all application permission to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsmall

Re: Blackberry App World on BB Bold

dsmall wrote:
Hope someone can help?! I have a BlackBerry Bold (running v4.6.0.247) and for some reason every time I try to download an application using the new BB App World software my "Connection Times Out". I have tried disabling my wifi connection and adjusted all application permission to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??

Well just read on CrackBerry's RSS that RIM just released an update for BlackBerry App World (from v1.0.0.26 to v1.0.0.27). Did the update, checked my applications security properties and NO CHANGE. Little help!?!?!?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey there dsmall.  Do you have a data plan with your Bold?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsmall

Krypto wrote:

Thank you for replying Krypto! Yes I do have a data plan for my device. I have the unlimited data package necessary for BES.

Just some more info that I just discovered: when attempting to download an application the App World software shows that the app is "Starting to Download" for exactly one minute then I get the "Connection Timed Out" messgae. (Yes, I actually timed this :smileytongue:)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsmall

dsmall wrote:

Krypto wrote:

Thank you for replying Krypto! Yes I do have a data plan for my device. I have the unlimited data package necessary for BES.

Just some more info that I just discovered: when attempting to download an application the App World software shows that the app is "Starting to Download" for exactly one minute then I get the "Connection Timed Out" messgae. (Yes, I actually timed this :smileytongue:)

Here we go.... I just downloaded App World v1.0.0.28 and............. BINGO! We are up and running. Very quick download and install, one REBOOT and all is well is App World. Thanks for the help Krypto, but CrackBerry.com helped with the leak.

Much obliged RIM, you guys rock with SW updates!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

I'm glad you got it up and running... I thought you had already tried 1.0.0.28, otherwise that would've been my next suggestion.  Glad you got it to work!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neanea
My Device: Not Specified

Do I need to pay for applications at Blackberry App World?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hey neanea, nice to see that you found these forums as well.  Here's my response to your question over on the Future Shop Community Forums:

Some applications are free while others do cost money.  Some are relatively cheap - $2.99 - $4.99 USD while others cost a pretty penny (the expensive ones tend to be serious business apps).

I hope that answers your question, but feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qork
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

could you help me?

I have simillar problem with my Bold. Whenever I tried to download and install BB Maps or App World I always got the notice that  "Your device does not meet the system requirements needed to support the BlackBerry App World..." My operator is  T-mobile and having BES with unlimited data... running v4.6.0.216 (Platform 4.0.0.183).

Thanks for help!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

qork wrote:

Hi,

could you help me?

I have simillar problem with my Bold. Whenever I tried to download and install BB Maps or App World I always got the notice that  "Your device does not meet the system requirements needed to support the BlackBerry App World..." My operator is  T-mobile and having BES with unlimited data... running v4.6.0.216 (Platform 4.0.0.183).

Thanks for help!

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Please check the AppWorld system requirements page:

and be certain that you meet all conditions. You should also contact your BES admins as they control the things you can and cannot access...they may have blocked AppWorld. You may also need to contact your carrier to be sure that your account is truly configured for all the things necessary from them to access AppWorld.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.