Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
zerochances
My Device: Bold 9000

Blackberry App World update icon will not go away

Hi,

I recently downloaded the update to Blackberry App World, but I have an icon on my home page I think is related that will not go away.

The icon is a black circle with a white border, and contains a white arrow facing south east. It also has the little red star in the top left corner of the icon which you see in other icons when you receive a new message.

How do I get rid of this and what is it?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry App World update icon will not go away

Hi there!

That icon is an indicator from AppWorld that one of your installed apps has an update available. Go to AppWorld and then your MyWorld (log in if you've attached a PayPal account). Click on each of your installed apps and find the one(s) that offer an update. Install the update(s) and the notification should go away.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
irishpadres
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem.  I applied the update App World showed and it's still has the update icon.  I've rebooted, no effect.  I checked each installed app and there are no updates left to apply.  It's just stuck.
New Contributor
irishpadres

I figured it out.  There was an unread message in my inbox about the update that I had to mark as read.
Contributor
dal553
My Device: 9530 Storm

I have the same icon on my BB, but I don't have any messages that are unread.  Any other way to clear this?
New Contributor
rudyxxy

Hi, i can't understand why RIM purpose an update for applicattions that i have archived... You must restore one of incrimnated application to find the application to be upgraded... This is a RIM bug for me...

And now the icon is hide.

Bye Bye.

highlyevolved

Sounds like I'm having the same issue.

Updated to the new version of App world, and promptly notifications appeared on my pearl (app world logo with red star) informing me that there were new versions of various applications I had already installed were available.

Great - installed new versions ok, but the app world notifications won't clear. Have tried battery pull, etc, to no avail. Any ideas, before I just delete app world, as it's just annoying me now?

It was only the three applications I'd download via app world, that there were updates for, as I've not installed then subsequently deleted, any other apps.

Cheers.

New Contributor
rudyxxy

Restore application archived... Upgrade or remove the application and the icon disappear... If you don't know... appworld archive, the application removed, on sd card and also necessary upgrade them... RESTORE ONE OR ALL and the icon go home!!!

Bye Bye...

Please visit http://www.sethilabs.com

New Contributor
sharkbait13

WHAT?!  You're not making any sense at all? 

I've updated my app world program.  Listed all my emails as "Read" and still I have that app icon. 

Anyone else have a fix for this annoying problem?

New Contributor
sharkbait13

OK I finally figured this out...

I forgot that I had hid my "Messages" folder.  You'll need to unhide your messages folder and list all message as "Mark Prior Opened".  This will open the email notificiations that Blackberry app world sent you and will remove the icon.  Unless you open or delete these emails the Update Icon will remain on the top of your status bar. 

Finally!  Such a simple solution!