Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Mythus
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry App World update icon will not go away

Mark Prior Opened also worked for me even though I couldn't find any indication of a message being there.  Thanks!
Contributor
dal553
My Device: 9530 Storm

Yes, I forgot the same thing.  I looked there and found the messages causing the alert to stay.  What is the difference between these Messages and the others?  These alerts only show up there, so they're not SMS, MMS, or emails, yet I see SMS, MMS, AND emails in the Messages folder.  Kind of confusing...
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

dal553 wrote:
Yes, I forgot the same thing.  I looked there and found the messages causing the alert to stay.  What is the difference between these Messages and the others?  These alerts only show up there, so they're not SMS, MMS, or emails, yet I see SMS, MMS, AND emails in the Messages folder.  Kind of confusing...

"Messages" is the collection point for everything (unless you have a device OS that allows you to separate SMS/MMS). All messages of all kinds will collect there -- and SMS, MMS, and emails are only one kind of messages...there are many more, and they all collect in Messages (albeit sometimes hidden from the default views...hence the View Folders command).

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
rburn90

Dude thanks so much I couldnt figure this out at all i looked all over the internet i have the same problem and it was just the unread message in my inbox
New Contributor
dmb111

I am also experiencing problems with this icon and want it to just go already. I have tried the suggestions people have posted re: 'Mark Prior Opened' but this has not worked. I also seem to have no message from RIM regarding App World being updated. Does anyone else have any idea how to remove this annoying little icon? I am happy to uninstall and reinstall App World but reluctant to lose it alltogether as its a useful app.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

New Contributor
dmb111

I take that back. Just realised it works in the combined text/email account. All good. Thanks

New Contributor
mattday

Could someone please help me tooI have had this icon appear in my messages application and my SMS/MMS application for almost 2 months. I have tried all the tricks discussed in this thread and still no luck. They continue to appear. I have also uinstalled and reinstalled Blackberry App World a couple of times with no luck. I am using the BB Curve 8330 with Sprint cell service.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mattday wrote:
Could someone please help me tooI have had this icon appear in my messages application and my SMS/MMS application for almost 2 months. I have tried all the tricks discussed in this thread and still no luck. They continue to appear. I have also uinstalled and reinstalled Blackberry App World a couple of times with no luck. I am using the BB Curve 8330 with Sprint cell service.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The process to get rid of the icon is two-fold:

1) Go into MyWorld and check all apps...install any updates you find.

2) Go into Messages and find the unread messages from AppWorld...deal with them (read, delete) and the icon will go away. You may have to use View Folders and dig through them all. You may also have to use the Search function in Messages to look for all unread messages from all services. Be sure to use the full Messages app and not an individual BIS email icon.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mattday

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

1) Done. I has updated any programs that were indicated as saying an update was available. According to AppWorld all my programs are up to date, so no updates were available.

2) I went to the full Messages icon (not the sms and mms icon) and looked for any messages from AppWorld..there are none. Using the search function within Messages I tried looking for anything with 'AppWorld' in it. And it came up with nothing.  Then I went through the view folder options also looking for something with AppWorld on it..and there is nothing. I also used the search functions within each of those 'view folder' and there were no hits when searched. 

Any other ideas?  I really have been looking hard to see if I have missed anything, since most of the fixes to this isssue (in this post) talk about a message being sent under the full Messages icon..but I am at a loss because I am not finding anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

In the Search function within Messages, try:

Service = All Services

Show = Unopened Only

Type = All

Leave everything else at default...don't filter to "AppWorld" or anything...just search for all unopened messages of any kind and from all services.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 09-29-2009 01:19 PM

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates