Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

dibble
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry App World update icon will not go away

I have also tried every solution on this thread with no joy.  The icon has been there for months now - tried ignoring it, but knowing it is there when it shouldn't be is just driving me mad.  Any other suggestions would be great.

Please use plain text.
mattdoyle
My Device: Curve

Had the same problem. I had an email message that needed to be cleared, it was in my "community messages folder", I have split messages folders for work emails/ personal emails/ and sms-mms. When I originally set my BB Curve up it had what I call a "community messages folder" that all messages from all emails/sms/mms/notifications basically everything went in to, once I split the folders off for ease of access I hid the original "community" folder. I had to unhided it and mark all prior messages as opened and it cleared the notification.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Please use plain text.
busy_child
My Device: idk

OMG Thank you! I have been trying to fix this for a couple of weeks now and checking my messages helped. It would have been better for blackberry to use the message notification icon instead of the app notification icon. That really pissed me off that I would go to app world and there wouldn't be anything there to update!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Danny2477
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

this also happens to me whenever I download something, but I can now get rid of it by going to the options/messages folder ( not the SMS and MMS but the actual message folder ) and either do 'delete all - prior to today' or find and delete all the B.A.W (blackberry app world) messages. This also helped me with the little gold star with a hole in the middle to go away as well. 

Please use plain text.
rightstyle33
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I have the the blackberry apps icon with the number 6 beside it and the are no messages or updates and it won't go away. Also there is a gold star and a rectangular blue box icon that has a person with bb icon inside it, how do I get rid of these icons.
Please use plain text.