Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
TychoBrahe
My Device: Bold 9700

Blackberry App World won't open, but starts at boot

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

I have a Bold 9700 running OS 6 (.666). When my phone boots, I have app world already started in the background. When I try to switch to it, nothing comes up. I am also unable to open app world by clicking on its icon.

A while a go, it used to be that my browser would automatically load when my phone booted up. I could just close it and everything was fine. It no longer does that, like app world has taken its place.

Any help would be appreciated, I've tried everything I can think of, including reinstalling various old version of the OS and app world.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry App World won't open, but starts at boot

Hi TychoBrahe

Welcome to the Community

From what you explain it seems the problem is within your device OS,If you reload your device Software  it will fix those problems for a while.But I personally feel that you should downgrade your device OS from 6 to OS 5 as 9700 don't have enough memory and it will hang and lag on OS 6 ,because I had seen many user with such kinds of issues.I hope you understand.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TychoBrahe
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi,

I was scoping out the forum more, and I found this:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/App-World-does-not-start/td-p/18...

This thread describes my problem perfectly.

As for downgrading my OS, I feel that my phone performs admirably considering its memory handicap. I can only have 1 or 2 tabs in browser open at a time, or 3 or 4 extra apps open before it starts to slow, but I rarely hang or lag in normal use.

Thanks for your help, reloading seems like it will be the solution.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi TychoBrahe

Sure If you think that OS6 is performing well on your device you can go with it because it the user's choice, But yes maintaining minimum apps is the key to success I think you also know that.So reload your device OS.

Prince

Please use plain text.