Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

BBBold123456789
My Device: Bold 9780

Blackberry App World

Hello, 

I have a brand new Blackberry Bold 9780, I have installed Blackberry App World. I can see it when I go to Options>Device>application management under Applications Optional, but I could not see the icon anywhere therefore I can't use it at all. I have desinstall it and re-install in several times but this is not working. Can you please help as I can't download any app now without the App World. In addition I tried doing it via the Desktop Software but it says that my device does not allow it.

Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry App World

Hi BBold123456789

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new BlackBerry Bold 9780 . If you are having problem after Installing the recent version of BlackBerry World , then you should try the best workaround available for this issue i;e download version 4.0.0.55.

Before Installing first uninstall BlackBerry world from Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry World , then perform another Battery pull restart .

Finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to to Click here  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . In addition check this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
boundah

I've had my 9780 for 18 months now and several times have been unable to download apps from App World - other times it has worked fine. Now I'm again getting the message 'please connect to wifi network' even though I am connected and have a strong signal.

I followed step 1 of KB20031 and updated my App World from the website (v 4.0.0.65). I still get the same message. Step 2 says 'The account setup for the BlackBerry® ID has not completedThis is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.'

Guys, that KB article was written 7 months ago. Surely it must be resolved by now? Or have RIM laid off all its tech staff already?

Elite II
prince2012

boundah wrote:

I've had my 9780 for 18 months now and several times have been unable to download apps from App World - other times it has worked fine. Now I'm again getting the message 'please connect to wifi network' even though I am connected and have a strong signal.

I followed step 1 of KB20031 and updated my App World from the website (v 4.0.0.65). I still get the same message. Step 2 says 'The account setup for the BlackBerry® ID has not completedThis is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.'

Guys, that KB article was written 7 months ago. Surely it must be resolved by now? Or have RIM laid off all its tech staff already?

Hi boundah

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan / BIS or a normal data plan, please check this Knowledge Base :

KB17659 : Minimum requirement for BlackBerry App World.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
boundah

I have a Bold 9780 with BB Smartphone 6.0, v6.0.0.688 so yes, I think my phone meets the minimum requirement. I also have a BB dataplan (at least I pay my provider for it). And I've downloaded several apps before. So, why the problem now?

If BB make these things difficult customers are likely to emigrate to iPhone etc even faster than they are already. My contract is up in 3 months and I'll be one of them if I can't do the basics without having to trawl support threads.

Elite II
prince2012

boundah wrote:

I have a Bold 9780 with BB Smartphone 6.0, v6.0.0.688 so yes, I think my phone meets the minimum requirement. I also have a BB dataplan (at least I pay my provider for it). And I've downloaded several apps before. So, why the problem now?

If BB make these things difficult customers are likely to emigrate to iPhone etc even faster than they are already. My contract is up in 3 months and I'll be one of them if I can't do the basics without having to trawl support threads.

Hi boundah

BlackBerry 10 already launched and most iPhone user will migrate to this new Platform that is for sure :smileywink:

Regarding your issues can you explain it briefly ! Are you able to browse from your BlackBerry browser or are you able to use other BlackBerry Services. From the home screen of the BlackBerry, click the Options icon >  Choose Third Party Applications> Choose BlackBerry ID. > Have you already Login.

New Contributor
boundah

Well the problem seems to have resolved itself without me doing anything. Last night I retried dowloading the app and it worked - I did nothing different to last time. No reboot, no logons, same wifi connection.

So it's a mystery why my last few attempts didn't work.

As for BB10: I hope it works out well, I'll be watching progress before I finally decide what to go for on contract renewal. 

Elite II
prince2012

boundah wrote:

Well the problem seems to have resolved itself without me doing anything. Last night I retried dowloading the app and it worked - I did nothing different to last time. No reboot, no logons, same wifi connection.

So it's a mystery why my last few attempts didn't work.

As for BB10: I hope it works out well, I'll be watching progress before I finally decide what to go for on contract renewal. 

Hi boundah 

Good to know that your isue resolved without doing anything . I think the problem might be with your wifi not device.

Its nice that you are considering BlackBerry 10 as your next device , I am sure it will not let you down :smileyhappy: