Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

My Device: Torch 9810

Blackberry App world

Hi, i've been having problems with Blackberry app world. when i try to connect on my phone it says 'Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again'. I've been getting this message for about 2 weeks. I also can't log in to the website on my laptop. It comes up with error 404 page not found after i enter my details and click log in. I had a Curve 8520 when the trouble started. I got a Torch 8910 last week and i still cant connect. I just spent an hour updating it all and nothing is happening, im getting close to throwing it out the window! Please help :/

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry App world

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here are two KBs that discuss that error:

• KB28188 'BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.' error is displayed when opening App World on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB20031 "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again" appears when BlackBerry App World is started 

Hopefully they contain something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

I'm having the same problem and neither one of these solutions worked.
Hall of Famer II

brinafarrar wrote:
I'm having the same problem and neither one of these solutions worked.

Hello!

OK, then I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

2b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

4. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I am having the same problem with logging in from my laptop. And since I'm having a problem with upgrading certain apps from my phone, it is very frustrating to not be able to do it from my laptop also. 

Hall of Famer II

kellyhoosier wrote:

I am having the same problem with logging in from my laptop. And since I'm having a problem with upgrading certain apps from my phone, it is very frustrating to not be able to do it from my laptop also. 

Hello,

You actually have the opposite problem...from what I interpreted from the above, they had problems accessing AW from their BBs. You have the problem from your laptop. But, as with all things -- further details would help to better diagnose. You see, a problem description that consists of "problem logging in from my laptop" doesn't really give us anything to go on...all we could do now is guess, which would not be helpful. Rather, if you can provide the complete description of exactly the steps you attempt and exactly the results from each step, we can perhaps avoid that guesswork.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Tried this and still not working.
New Contributor

sdgardne wrote:

kellyhoosier wrote:

Hello,

You actually have the opposite problem...from what I interpreted from the above, they had problems accessing AW from their BBs. You have the problem from your laptop. But, as with all things -- further details would help to better diagnose. You see, a problem description that consists of "problem logging in from my laptop" doesn't really give us anything to go on...all we could do now is guess, which would not be helpful. Rather, if you can provide the complete description of exactly the steps you attempt and exactly the results from each step, we can perhaps avoid that guesswork.

You either didn't read the original post or interpreted wrong. The original poster, re3ko wrote, " I also can't log in to the website on my laptop. It comes up with error 404 page not found after i enter my details and click log in.."  The only additional information I could think to add is that I have tried logging on from Goodgle Chrome, Explorer, Safari and Mozilla. I can't log into App World from any of them. 

Hall of Famer II

brinafarrar wrote:
Tried this and still not working.

For your on-device problem, I recommend now that you seek formal support...available only via your wireless service provider. They can escalate cases into RIM that they cannot solve.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

kellyhoosier wrote:

sdgardne wrote:

kellyhoosier wrote:

Hello,

You either didn't read the original post or interpreted wrong. The original poster, re3ko wrote, " I also can't log in to the website on my laptop. It comes up with error 404 page not found after i enter my details and click log in.."  The only additional information I could think to add is that I have tried logging on from Goodgle Chrome, Explorer, Safari and Mozilla. I can't log into App World from any of them. 

You are right...I seem to have skipped beyond the PC/browser problem and focused on the on-device problem. Apologies.

A 404 is a clear error, normally associated with the PC, the local network, the wide area network, the ISP, or other things not having a valid path to the requested URL. It's not usually a problem with the site itself. But, the fact that it happens after entering the login details seems odd. To truly compare, you'd need to provide the exact URLs involved in the steps so that someone else can try. If someone else is successful, then the problem resides outside of the RIM site and rather resides somewhere in those other items.

Let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates