Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
christopheriandavies
My Device: 8300

Blackberry I

Hi I have a blackberry id associated with my blackberry which I can't remember the password for. Unfortunately its linked to a work email address that is no longer active.  is there a way to reset the password on that account or change the email address associted with the Blackberry ID?

Chris

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry I

Hello christopheriandavies

You must have a valid email account to reset the BBID password, but as that email is no longer available you have limited option , have to change or create a new BlackBerry ID , try this Knowledge Base :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

After a wipe you can use a new BlackBerry ID using a valid email account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
christopheriandavies

Hi the email address has only changed by 1 letter and so wiping the phone is quite extreme.

isthere not a way for blackberry just to edit the account and the email address behind it and then it will work.

Chris

Elite II
prince2012

christopheriandavies wrote:

isthere not a way for blackberry just to edit the account and the email address behind it and then it will work.

Hello chris

There are ways to Change or Update our BlackBerry ID username or the email , but for that you must know the email and also the password of your BlackBerry ID.

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

And that is for security purpose , Otherwise anyone will be able to change the BBID of others. As you don't know the password for your BlackBerry ID so this option will not work.

christopheriandavies wrote:

Hi the email address has only changed by 1 letter and so wiping the phone is quite extreme.

Agreed that wiping is quite extreme, but One word can make much difference on an email account or even a password , And it is not allowed .

Sorry but I don't see any other option. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
christopheriandavies

thanks Prince2012, surely though it must be possible to speak to someone at blackberry advice them of the situation, prove i own the account (easily done) and they change the address in the background, we are talking about changing an email address from .com to .co.uk

Elite II
prince2012

Hello chris

Yes you can contact BlackBerry directly , there are some services like incident support , but its not free you'll have to pay for that . The correct way to contact BlackBerry is via our Carrier , you can approach your Carrier O2 in this reagrd .They may help you in this regard or if they forward your issue to BlackBerry then it will be free .

So if you don't want to follow those above steps then contact your Carrier for further help .

Good luck.