Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
mpofanaa
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Re: Blackberry ID installation error...

Just buy an iPhone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brendanc
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi all,

Updated my 9000 to new version and immediately experienced the same problem. Have checked my timezone and it's all set correctly so I don't think it's the problem.

Not likely to take this handset anywhere neat a wifi zone anytime soon (not my work phone) so other ideas would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

@mpofanaa an iphone personally is in the works. RIM no longer provide a valuable quality of service, this in conjunction with the carriers and their BB APN's.

@brendanc you may be pretty stuck until RIM fix their problem.

@all recommendation: Don't rely on appworld for all your application download requirements. The good thing about app world is that most developers host their own download process or via other stores, such as mobihand, etc.

@RIM hear the pains of the real world, fix this issue quickly and not drag it out.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TumiG21
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

For everyone that is still having problem with the new App world version 3.1 I have a 100% working solution...1st you must remove/delete your Blackberry protect app then re-install it,sign in with your Blackberry I'd via BB protect then go to your App world and also sign in,it will surely work.If you still have problems email me tumi.maphanga@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mpofanaa

Really? I've tried every trick I know and still it doesn't work. If this works ill be very grateful...thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TumiG21
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

I had the same problem with BB app world update and came up with this method myself and it works,so try it bro
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mpofanaa

I'm trying right now...thanks again
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mpofanaa

Didn't work, it just asks me to update, when I click yes, the same error message appears
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roxyf
My Device: 8520

How do u download blackberry protect without logging in2 app world though?? Everytime I search for it, it just takes me back to app world.
Thanks guys
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mpofanaa

You just go to the blackberry protect icon on your phone if it is not installed yet, and it will create a direct download, don't search it
Please use plain text.