Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Davon
My Carrier: cell c

Re: Blackberry ID installation error...

Hey i found this websight called ota.santo.asia/blackberry-identity/ it allows you to download the id software, but ur 8520 has to be os5 inorder for it to work, download the second last option os5 version 2.0.1.6 via bb only, then reset and there ya go! you should then go to appworld, go to my world, it will load and then it will work, after that ya home free. to update to os5 you need the bb desktop for pc or mac, plug in and update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ravemot1
My Carrier: vodacom

Guys, I have found the perfect solution. Listen carefully and follow it step-by-step okay?

Firstly, it is of utmost importance to make sure your phone is on. Then, very cautiously, place it in front of your car's tyre.. Now drive over it exactly 7 times and dispose of it in the toilet - because that's where **bleep** belongs :smileyhappy:

Everyone who had the ID problem, are you all Vodacom by any chance? I tried downloading the previous version of App World and all that jazz BUT my phone won't download anything. At all. It starts the downloading at the staggering speed of 523 bytes per second and gradually works its way to 200 bytes per second and then arrives the imminent "download failed"

So basically I'm screwed yeah? :-|

Why does RIM suck so much?!

Only viable option seems to be buying a Samsung Galaxy s3
Please use plain text.
jennisha
My Carrier: cell c

hi wat if i dont have wifi

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CAitlinWoodgate1994
My Carrier: EE

OK a few questions on how you do this gareth,

I am already connected to my home wifi and it STILL saying the ID installation error.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CAitlinWoodgate1994
My Carrier: EE

Can someone help me please, when i go onto the  Blackberry App World it says the update server is unavailabe then is says Blackberry Identification installation failed. Please try again later. (80002)

PLEASE help me.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

CAitlinWoodgate1994 wrote:

Can someone help me please, when i go onto the  Blackberry App World it says the update server is unavailabe then is says Blackberry Identification installation failed. Please try again later. (80002)

PLEASE help me.

is this the exact error message? I am surprised because I did not find it in the BlackBerry public knowledge base.

Now, do a battery pull, then go in the options, then go in the "BlackBerry ID" screen, open the menu, and use "Check for updates".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
mphoTobias
My Carrier: vodacom

Any other ways??? With mine it doesn't work tried a couple of times
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Toshiro323
My Carrier: Mobilink

Hi.... I've tried everything but I'm also looking for an answer about this bb I'd problem....

I've the searched the whole net but I haven't got any answers please.....

Oh and I've also tried the battery push and some other things but still it didn't work.... :-(
Please use plain text.