Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry ID login - Password and Securtiy answer both forgotten

veenbean02 wrote:

And if you have Sprint for a carrier is there a way to buy apps and have it billed to your cellphone bill instead of having to use paypal?

just give Sprint support a call and ask them. AppWorld can do carrier billing, but it depends on each carrier. I know Telus does carrier billing in Canada, and that Orange does not in France (yet).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex

principe59 wrote:

Sorry, how can I delete an ID Registration? No answer above was helpful ...

I forgot security phrase and I haven't saved that bull**bleep** email and I can nowhere read an instruction to drop my Blackbery ID

Deleting the BlackBerry ID requires the registration email. If you cannot remember the security phrase, use another email address to create another BlackBerryID.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Michaelgannaway
My Device: Not Specified

I too have not kept the email please help.
LoOkS

I'm also stuck - i can't find my email, can't remember password, can't remember security question & can't get any support HELP!!

New Contributor
Capitaldco

My RIM app account needs to be reset, deleted or other so that I can recreate an account again.

I forgot my passwords and forgot my remember password, password. I therefore need assistance as I indicated above in sending me a password reset link or resetting my account so that I can create another account.

Could someone get back to me please. I don't want to create another email account just for your app service. Too many things to check than to deal with that
I no longer have the registration email. Who keeps those if let's say you registered two yrs ago. Just like any other service there needs to be a reset passwords option on the app world page.
elinak
My Device: Blackberry curve

Same here.  Can someone please help as I am getting very frustrated

New Contributor
Capitaldco

Ok Blackberry Support its been over a week or more and no word, no email, no nothing.. others are seeing the same issue.  As of now, I have emailed you guys 4 or 5 times to no avail.  Come on now.

I hate to say this and perhaps after saying this you definately will not assist me in getting past my issue (but you havent assisted me anyway so what the Hell)

So here it is.  With this kind of response I wonder if blackberry will be around in 3 years.  I understand you are all perhaps working hard to get the playbook and newer technology out there BUT as of now, My company is offering me an IPAD because I am unable to download any productive items and I am going that route.  It would mean we will start dropping blackberries from our environment perhaps.  If that happens and other companies start going that route, it will kill your base who cant get support because you guys will not respond and HELP US>

The requirement to have a blackberry to use the playbook turned everyone off so guess what. you are killing me slowly and I am therefore moving to another platform since no one within your organization is able to even answer my questions via email or via this forum.. what a shame

What a real SHAME.. 8 track death..

Thanks.

Guru I
Xandrex

Capitaldco wrote:

Ok Blackberry Support

Hello Capitaldco,

please remember you are on a community forum and not a support forum:

• Contributors on the BlackBerry Support Community Forum here are consumers just like you, who own or use BlackBerry devices, and spend part of their leisure time to help others. There is no need to be condescendant or threatening.
  • The official support for your BlackBerry issues is your carrier support (level 1). You are a customer of your carrier.
  • If your carrier support are unable to help you, they can contact RIM support (Level 2) at no charge for you. Your carrier is a customer of RIM.
  • If you wish to get support directly from RIM, please follow the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, prices will be displayed.

Capitaldco wrote:

As of now, I have emailed you guys 4 or 5 times to no avail.  Come on now.

who are "you guys" ? I only see two messages from you on the forum : one dated February 22nd and one dated March 4th.

Capitaldco wrote:

and I am therefore moving to another platform since no one within your organization is able to even answer my questions via email or via this forum.. what a shame

• you destroyed an email about a login creation (who destroys such emails anyway !)
  • you input security information to protect that login, but forgot your security information, preventing you to retrieve your account
  • you have been told that the way of using AppWorld is either remember or create a new BlackBerry ID.

I know it is not the best solution ever, but it works. If this nuisance is enough for you to change device, then no one but you can make that decision. No one here will spend time trying to convince you otherwise.

Jane170256
My Device: Torch 9800

Thankyou very much! I always keep registration confirmations and was relieved to find it. I used a date as the answer to my security question and then  couldn't remember the format of the date. I Won't do that again.

New Contributor
Leomas
My Device: What?

Whilst I agree that it should be remembered this is a community and not a support group as such, RIM have done themselves no favours here at all.

I too have managed to forget the magic words and cannot upgrade my Messenger but took advantage of the Contact Support button to send an email only to get an automated reply saying "Thank you for contacting BlackBerry(r) App World(tm) support.  This is an automated response to your inquiry.  Direct support is unavailable through the "Contact Support" button."

What are users expected to do when they hit that?

In addition, when they label something a 'Support Forum' the inference is that this is a legitimate way to expect some level of active support. RIM changed from the Owners Lounge to myBlackberry, this is not something which a user group came up with on their own. I do note however that the forums require a different account to myBlackberry but that may be because I was migrated from the Lounge.

All in all RIM are not managing user expectations at all well and when the choice is between 'shiny locked in' and 'shiny locked out' it becomes an easy choice.