Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

channywiltshire
My Device: orange blackberry
My Carrier: orange

Re: Blackberry ID login - Password and Securtiy answer both forgotten

hiya  i have the same problem as you i carnt remeber my password or security question answer  and i havnt saved the email that confirmed my password and stuff so if you find a solution will you let me know asap please thank :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manofice
My Device: Not Specified

forgot password and login security question. Called RIM and was transfered all around the world to get the answer of "you must find the orginal email to delete your account, and then resign up, if you don't have it tough"....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Leomas
My Device: What?
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That was the feeling I was getting from the comments on the forum. I didn't bother chasing this with RIM because of past experience. All it means is I will continue to use it for email etc but I will not be able to spend money on loading up new apps. Guess that isn't so bad when you think about it. The only bit that hacks me off is that I can't update the software already on it so I suppose when ti finally crashes and dies because of a software issue I can think about buying something else instead.

Such a shame that RIM went all 'community' on us as while it was still the Owners Lounge you had genuine RIM support rather than 3rd hand best guesses. Some of the people do seem to know what they are talking about but there is a clear disconnect now between RIM and their non-corporate users.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manofice
My Device: Not Specified

I can't believe RIM doesn't have the ability to reset the passwords. To the poster above me, I would suggest just creating a gmail account and use it strictly for appworld login.

Please use plain text.
Channy100
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem, and no longer had this email message.  I read that I had to create a new Blackberry ID.  I created a new one through my device instead of online, and once the new ID was created with the new email address, it recognized all of my apps I had with my old ID.  I still have all the apps I had before, didn't lose anything.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
texas_sunshine
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem, except I know I was answering the question correctly when I tried to recover my password.  After spending hours on these forums, I gave up and used an old email address to set up a new blackberry id.  It looks like everything is working fine now. I've been able to update all of my existing apps.

Please use plain text.
moiracheng78
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Everyone - I had the exact same issue - forgot my Blackberry ID and forgot my security question answer.

I found the answer which worked for me. It was only introduced 24/05/2011 as RIM downgraded the requirement to enable users to reset their password  even if they forgot their security question and answer. 

Open this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/valpasswordreset?css=YmJpZGNzc19kZWY%3D&locale=ZW4%3D&key=C...

It will take you to a screen where you can reset your password straight away with just your email address. After you've done this, login to Blackberry ID, and you can then reset your secret question/answer by going to 'My Account' if you wish to.

Hope this helps others. 

Please use plain text.
moiracheng78
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Try this now - you can reset it post 24/05/11 - press reset my password and it shouldn't ask you for the security question answer.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/valpasswordreset?css=YmJpZGNzc19kZWY%3D&locale=ZW4%3D&key=C...
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

This is good to know. I'll be interested to hear from others who have succeeded using it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

This is GREAT news.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.