Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

atootoo
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9350

Blackberry ID password re-set

I am trying to set up my phone to start receiving work e-mails on it. When I go to "setup" it tells me to sign into Blackberry World. However, I misplaced both my ID password and my security question answer. Is there a way to have my entire Blackberry ID re-set?

Thanks!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry ID password re-set

No, unless an IT person at your work has your password. Failing that, you need your security question at the very least. Without that you'll have to make a new BB ID and start over. Unfortunately that means you'll lose all your personal info associated with that ID i.e. contacts, app purchases, etc.

I hope that explains it to your satisfaction.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

atootoo
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9350

Thank you, that does explain to my satisfaction!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you verified your BBID when you first set it up you can go to www.bbid.com and reset the password there without answering your security questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
sitompulimers
My Device: Pearl 9105 OS v6.0.0.3169

Open all your email accounts and do a search for email received from blackberry.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com to be exact. You should also whitelist that email address on your mail server to make sure you get the email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!