Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
AishahBohari
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID

I can't login to my Blackberry ID account. Please help me, thanks.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry ID

Hello AishahBohari

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Where you're unable to login , On Device or BlackBerry ID website ? Did you recieve any error message ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
marc10
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi , 

I have a similar problem! i can't access to my black berry ID with my phone. I insert name and password(that are correct) and than appears an error message that tells me that is impossible to access! (it's something that appens all time i try for the past six moths now!!) can help me to? 

PS: with my PC it works but the problem is that i can't create an account with the phone and i cannot acces to blackBerry Protect if i can't access to blackberry ID!!

Elite II
prince2012

marc10 wrote:

Hi , 

I have a similar problem! i can't access to my black berry ID with my phone. I insert name and password(that are correct) and than appears an error message that tells me that is impossible to access! (it's something that appens all time i try for the past six moths now!!) can help me to? 

PS: with my PC it works but the problem is that i can't create an account with the phone and i cannot acces to blackBerry Protect if i can't access to blackberry ID!!

Hello marc10

Welcome to Support Forums

Sorry to hear that for such a long time you're having this issue !

As you're having this issue from a long time , So I suggest a steps which is indeed Harsh but will solve your issue . Before that do a backup of your Device using Desktop Software , or refer to this article How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you did your backup , go through this Knowledge Base and specifically follow # Workaround 2 within this Knowledge Base :

KB28212  : "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

After a factory reset use the Same BlackBerry ID that you used before , Please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
AishahBohari
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

i can't login to my Blackberry ID on my device. i received an error message state that "unable to login your Blackberry ID"
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Aishah

Please follow post that you marked as Solved , it will resolve your issue .

let us know if you feel any problem.

Contributor
gp20018
My Device: 9810 Torch and Z10

Hi

I am also having problems with my Blackberry ID (not sure if its connected to the issues reported in this thread - apologies if its unrelated).

I have just upgraded from a 9810 to a Z10 and am having problems logging in to my Blackberry ID 'from the device'. I get an unknown error (-11) each time I try.

I had 2 Blackberry IDs & used one of them to login via my BlackBerry Z10 during set-up. But when I connected the Z10 via USB to my PC (Windows 7) Blackberry Link said there was no OS10 device associated with the Blackberry ID.

I wondered if the issue was realted to me having 2 Blackberry IDs so I deleted them both (via the original welcome email links). I then setup a new ID but used the same email address as the original ID I used to login via the Z10. Now I can login to my Blackberry ID via the Blackberry website but every time I try and login via my Z10 using the new ID I get the message "An unknown error has occured. Please try again. (-11) ".   

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions on how to resolve as I can't finish setting up sync to my PC via Blackberry Link until I can get over the problem.

Many thanks, GP20018

JSanders
Solutions: 5,977
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Even if you used the same email address as the previous BBID (which you deleted), you will need now to perform a security wipe and login with the NEW BBID on the Z10.

How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone   

Changing the BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

In order to change the BlackBerry ID that is associated to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, a security wipe will need to be performed.

Warning: Performing the security wipe will result in loss of stored data on the smartphone or tablet. Be sure to create a backup and also transfer files to a computer prior to performing the security wipe.

Note: In this scenario, the backup file will not be able to be restored to the device since it will be using a new BlackBerry ID. For more information, see KB31317.

Prior to performing a security wipe of the smartphone or tablet, transfer files to a computer so the files can then be transferred back to the smartphone or tablet after the security wipe is complete and the new BlackBerry ID is configured. See the following links for information:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
gp20018
My Device: 9810 Torch and Z10

Thanks JS

This worked :-)

Fortunately I didn't have much new data on the device so didn't lose much in the security wipe - but I feel for anyone with a similar issue who spent time on setting up and configuring their device only to lose all their work by having to perform a wipe ...

BR.... GP20018
JSanders
Solutions: 5,977
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, I understand.

That's why my instructions above carried the "Warning: Performing the security wipe will result in loss of stored data on the smartphone or tablet. Be sure to create a backup and also transfer files to a computer prior to performing the security wipe."

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code