Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
spiker88
My Device: Blackberry 9780

Blackberry Messenger and App World Not Running

Good day,

I have a problem with my blackberry device. So, it started with my whatsapp which needed to be upgraded. 

Went to appworld to download and install it, but after reboot, I cant seem to find my whatsapp application. not only that, i cant find my blackberry messenger and blackberry app world as well. i looked at the Setting/Device/Application Management.

It seems that they are still isntalled, however, they are not running.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Messenger and App World Not Running

Hi spiker88

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , after reboot if still can't locate then  On your HomeScreen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search for it if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “   “unhide “ 

In addition check this article : How to locate a missing icon on a BlackBerry smartphone

If that does not help then Uninstall those application from : Options > Device > Application Management > delete those application. Perform a Battery Pull Restart after that..

Finally from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download BBM on your device.

For BlackBerry World from your browser click http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 .and you can download whatsapp from BlackBerry World again.But perform a Battery pull after each Install.

Please try that and let us know. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
spiker88
My Device: Blackberry 9780

Thanks! 

Have tried to delete all the apps. now, for the bbm, tried downloading it but it always said internal error after i logged in . cant seem to download it hahaha. blackberry without its bbm feature is really depressing lol.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi spiker88

Have you downloaded BBM ? If you are having issues with BBM then first install BlackBerry world , after reboot open BlackBerry world it may prompt you to install latest version of BlackBerry I'd software , first install that ,reboot your device ,make sure you are login to your BlackBerry I'd on your device then try BBM again .

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.