Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Dine
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany
Accepted Solution

Blackberry app world changed to browser icon

Hello, I have a Bold 9780 and following problem. I opend the app world and switched at settings to google. Since than I have got two Browser icons but no BB appworld Icon anymore. I reset the software. I tried to loaded via BB Desktop. Nothing of this helped. If I check under software, the blackberry app world is still there. But I cant use it. Unfortunately that happened 4 month ago, since then I cant use my bb at all. So here is my last try. Please help!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry app world changed to browser icon

Hi Dine,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
Can you please clarify where in the BlackBerry World application you changed the settings to Google? Were you accessing BlackBerry World via your Browser instead of using the application? Do both your Browser icons say Browser or does one have a different name? If they are different, what are they called? Can you also please tell me what version of BlackBerry World you have installed?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dine

Hello FrankieS,

Thank you for your response.

I clicked on the Black Berry App World application, then on the Black Berry button then option and there I changed on standard search to google. I always used the application never the browser.

One icon says Browser and the other one says MeinVodafone (in english MyVodafone)

Now, the blackberry app world is not under software anymore, but it says BlackBerry 6.0.0-Systemsoftware.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hopefully this will help.

Dine

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey Dine,

It soulds like the second browser icon is your mobile network providers WAP browser. Since BlackBerry World isn't listed under Application Management, could you please try reinstalling it from the link in Resolution 1 of the following KB article? "BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65" KB29422 If that doesn't help, could you please try the other steps in the article?

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dine

Hello FrankieS,I dont know what happend. But now its working! Thank you so much!Dine
Please use plain text.