Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Velkyn
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

Greetings,

I have gone through all the suggestions, from the service books, the hosts routes, all the way to the clock.

Nothing works.

I like many others enjoy my BlackBerry, even if it is an older (Storm 9530) model, but if my PC can detect my phone, and the desktop software can detect it... it's gotta be something more on the server side of things not working right... gotta be in my opinion.

Are there any other suggestions that are known to work?  It would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will have to look at changing phones altogether.

Thanks in advance :smileywink:

The only stupid question is the one never asked.
nashcuty
My Device: 8520

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

Thanks! It finally worked. Ive been having this problem for months that i gave up hope and just made do without the application. The only thing now is that because i'm using the network time my time is wrong lol Which time zone do you use for South Africa/Cape town? I was using W. Central Africa.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Cape town is ruled by SAST : South Africa Standard Time.
it can also be labeled as "GMT+2".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
juniorphillips
My Device: curve 8520

i have tried all these option and nothing works

New Contributor
manjunatharao20
My Device: 8520 curve

try calling :
BlackBerry Technical Support
Research In Motion Limited
Tel:
NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
Europe: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
Email: help@blackberry.com
gfd1963
My Device: Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

I tried  the steps posted by sdgardne solution and it worked first time for me.

Thanks.

emystiquez
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi I just bought my bb9900 quite recently and the app world has been giving me a lot of problems, some of which I've solved by visiting the forums. But for this problem none of the forum solutions have worked.
Every time I try to upgrade one of my existing apps the message "there is a problem with blackberry app world. Blackberry app world will now close". After which I press okay and the app world closes. Is there any way to resolve this? I tried the clock method but my settings are already set to automatic. I'm in singapore and I set the time zone as KL(GMT+8). I tried pressing menu and selecting "get time zone updates" but it tells me its not available now and to try again later.
Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
New Contributor
manjunatharao20
My Device: 8520 curve

Hi All,

below link will solve all your problme and im 100 % sure...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158629807697

Sasha91
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

thank you so much my bold appworld has been playing up for like a week and a half and i tried everything, rebooting, sending service books, everything, and then i tried the clocks and mine was on manual!

lifesaver

chazscheit
My Device: curve 8330

ok so i changed me clock and i can sign in to it now but now my clocks wrong by 3 hours help?