Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
CaitlynLewis
My Device: Curve 8520

Blackberry identity Update

I am STILL having problems with doing an identity update in App Worldl. This has been an ongoing problem for 4 months which is just ridiculous - is RIM completely incapable of software programming? 

I have tried what other people have suggested (like deleting my existing identity) and I don't even have the options to select to do that in my options folder. 

As a result all of my applications are now out of date and don't work as well anymore. You'd think RIM would be able to solve this kind of thing quickly. Doubt I'll buy a Blackberry again. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Blackberry identity Update

Hello !

There is an alternative for your problem to resolve.

What you do is connect your BlackBerry Smartphone with USB cable to Internet enabled desktop/laptop.

Go to the link mentioned below:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

On top right  of the page there is a option "Sign In".

Login with your BlackBerry ID and password.

From here you can download all as you do it for Appworld.

Also I will recommend you to upgrade your App world as well to get rid of your issue.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CaitlynLewis

I have done as you suggested and have now lost ALL of my apps: BBM, Facebook, WhatsApp etc. This is utterly ridiculous! I have also downloaded the latest version of App World and nothing has changed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CaitlynLewis

I've managed to fix it...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnia
My Device: curve 8520

Okay Caitlyn how did u fix it?I'm in the same boat here as u were and I starting to think I should just do a overall phone wipe which is gonna be very sad
Please use plain text.