Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

steve91
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry protect -BBID user authentication required...

Hi guys basically the problem is i keep getting messages (about 1 every 10 minutes) saying i need to authenticate my Blackberry ID to use Blackberry protect. The problem is when i come to do it i type my password in i get a message that says "unable to log in to your Blackberry ID account" so i close it and get sent the same message as before. if anyone can help me with this issue it'll be much appreciated! 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry protect -BBID user authentication required...

Hello steve91,

The following article should help regarding the "Unable to log into your BlackBerry ID account" message you are receiving when attempting to log into your BlackBerry® ID account:

"Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28212

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Genavieve
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry protect -BBID user authentication required...

Hi, I have a BB 9900, i got prompted to do the upgrades to BB messenger last night and once i did i could not log into my BBM or App world, but when i log on to BB ID online my password works. How do i sort this out cause its not a problem with my password as i can get into it online just not on my phone. 

Please use plain text.