Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

skelzer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bloomberg update will not install on storm

[ Edited ]

No, DO NOT install the application via that link.  That is for the paid-for version of Bloomberg which requires a monthly subscription ($$$!).

This thread is referring to the free Bloomberg application which is found in the BlackBerry App World library.

Again, don't waste time trying the above link... it will only bring you to a login screen and you'll eventually have to uninstall the 1.4M app and reboot your phone.

So... back on target, has anyone found a solution to this problem?? 

Yes, I've rebooted, reinstalled, etc etc.  Also, there aren't any unusual modules left behind that can be deleted... already looked.

Anyone??

Message Edited by skelzer on 04-06-2009 11:12 PM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Shoot... you're right... they must've moved the app off that site (it used to be there if memory serves as I did have it on my phone for a few days a couple of months ago).  And I actually haven't found it again since.  So it might now be a App World exclusive app now. :smileysad:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neanea
My Device: Not Specified

is there a similar software available?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

While not quite as good as Bloomberg for financial updates, I know Viigo lets you keep track of your Stocks.  It also provides RSS feeds from several financial news sites.  There are also several other applications, but I don't use any of them so I can't recommend or comment on any specific ones.  But check around and you'll find definite alternatives.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.