Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
Amiee668
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 - Re-purchasing an app (BeBuzz)

[ Edited ]

I bought BeBuzz quite a while ago.  When it offered a paid upgrade, I declined.  Appworld asked for payment if I tried to upgrade for a while (and I would cancel the upgrade), then it would appear to upgrade but nothing would change, then upgrades failed, then it uninstalled itself and failed if I tried to reinstall.  Through all this, it continued to work.  And I was fine with it not upgrading - I didn't buy the upgrade, so of course it wouldn't work.

I recently upgraded to the new pack of OS 7.1, and BeBuzz finally stopped working.  I want it back.  I am willing to pay (again) to get it back.  Appworld won't let me.  On my handset or my computer.  After clearing Appworld's cache, it would give me an option to buy (instead of "reinstall" and no other option), but it wouldn't ask for authorization for payment and would fail every time.  After failing, I was back to "reinstall" until I cleared the cache again.  Same story on computer minus clearing the cache and the "reinstall" option.  I've searched my files and deleted anything relating to BeBuzz.  I've twittered Blackberryhelp and they sent me to the Appworld support page which doesn't have an option to fill out an online form (the form for a refund doesn't look related to my issue).

So I am completely lost.  It's not usually so hard to get people to take my money, especially for something I already bought.  I have a ticket into Bellshare, but I hear their customer service is non-existent, and it really appears to be Appworld that won't give me the options I need.

Please help!

Edit - The Application Resource Monitor I think said something about BeBuzz and closing it.  I've since set it to not automatically close apps (and tried to buy BeBuzz after), but I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with my issue.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Bold 9900 - Re-purchasing an app (BeBuzz)

I don't know. It should work.

But the fact that Bellshare does not provide support to their customers, I have long moved to another application :

"Advanced OS & LED"
I am currently using the free version that has twice as much features as the paid version of BeBuzz, and the guy releases new versions of its app on a monthly basis.

You can check it here. Hundreds of parameters available, I only use 9.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506/?lang=en

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: