Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
bunyarra
My Device: Not Specified

Bold not supported for app world???

Most confused .. using a new BB Bold on orange in the UK (with stock OS).  The downloadable app tells me my device does not meet the system requirements to use the service.

... huh???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cezz
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

Re: Bold not supported for app world???

seems alot of Orange customers with various diffrent handsets are not working... clearly a support issue with orange.
Running a Blackberry Storm with Android By E Theme.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uno28

All Orange UK handsets have got problems running the application store I have just spoken to a friend who has over 60 Orange Blackberry handsets underr his control and none of them can use the application store so Orange have blocked something and Vodafone users are getting errors about nopt being on a data plan but can use the store.

Come on Orange sort this out quickly as with the press launch today and the coverage its going to get could turn very negative if all Orange users feedback saying that Orange users cant use the new services

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cezz
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

Vodafone users cant access the store after they get that message it closes the app straight back down.
Running a Blackberry Storm with Android By E Theme.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bunyarra

Me thinks a call to our Orange business sales rep is now called for.  Blocking this is inexcusable and bodes badly for our contract renewal.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdf8
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Re: Bold not supported for app world???

I'm with Orange using a 8900 and I'm getting the same message. Phoned Orange & as soon as I told them what BB I had they knew my problem! They say the problem affects all 8900 & 9000 BB's on all networks in UK & they're talking to BB about it. If you phone 150 to tell them, then they will phone back when problem solved.
Please use plain text.