Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
koppaloppa23
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

Browser Problems

Hi Everyone! I'm having problems with my default BB browser.

I've been using my BB Curve 8520 for almost a year and now I'm having a problem with my phone's default browser. I can't open it and I don't know why. When I click the browser icon on my homescreen nothing happens, but when I click the icon on the app switcher it says that I need to contact my service provider for service books which I also did. However I believe nothing happened.

Until it miraculously opened through using a mall's wifi. The default browser connected to the mall's wifi hotspot login and it function as if nothing happened, however error messages such as "Java.Lang Null Pointer Exceptions" suddenly pops up. So I had to use other browsers which is not as good as my default browser.

Please advise me on what I need to do.
Help would be very much appreciated! Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Browser Problems

Do you have a BB data plan?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

koppaloppa23 wrote:
but when I click the icon on the app switcher it says that I need to contact my service provider for service books which I also did.

you did what ? Call your service provider?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
koppaloppa23

Yes, i do have a BB Plan for my BBM but I don't have a BB Plan for browsing the internet without using a WiFi. But i think BB can browse through the internet without a plan just use a wifi? Can it? :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------

Thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
koppaloppa23

Yes I called my service provider and their blackberry team to assist me, but neither of them can help. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Have you rebooted by removing the battery?

Also, make sure the hotspot browser is set to default. Go to Options >Advanced Options >Browser and make the Hotspot browser the default browser.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
koppaloppa23

Thanks for the advice! Yes I have already done both along with my Service Provider's help but neither helped :smileysad:

Please use plain text.