Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Contributor
cweatherell
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Business Card Scanner - BBZ10

I have looked all over for this with no luck, is there any way to capture biz cards and convert to contacts?  thx

Please use plain text.
Developer
trietto
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Mobifone

Re: Business Card Scanner - BBZ10

Hi,

I've already created this application: http://www.facebook.com/BusinessCardReaderXT. I'm waiting for approval from BBWorld.

Regards,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Please use plain text.
Developer
trietto

Hi,

This application is approved, you can download and use it. Please let me know if you have any problems with this app. Also enjoy my document reader application :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cweatherell

Excellent and thank you, I'l be trying it out today!

Carl

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cweatherell

Tried it on 3 different businesss cards, 5 times each and get the same message, "can't recognize...." ??

Carl

Please use plain text.
Developer
trietto

Hi,

I know your bad feeling about this application, but currently it can only work well with card which has black and white color. So if your card has more color, you can edit your image with picture editor to convert it to black and white image. Some tips when you capture your card:

1. Move the focus rectangle to the text on the card.

2. Make sure the card fills the camera view.

3. Capture it on the good lightning.

I will do more improvement and features for this application, thank you very much for you feedback.

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cweatherell

Hi Triet - thx for replying, no bad feelings here, just want to get it to work.  It seems that the reader will not load captured photos and thus will not scan.  If I take a picture of a card, the blu ebox appears with no picture in it thus it cannot scan. Did I install this correctly?

thx

Carl

Please use plain text.
Developer
trietto

Hi Carl,

I've sent my dev alpha to get limited edition, so now I don't have device to test this application (may be 3-4 weeks) . However you can download my document scanner application and scan you business card, if everything is ok it will generate the .txt file that contains the text on business card. If you have the same error like business card reader I think the root cause is the os version, I was built it with 10.0.9.2372 version, now this version is old. I'm downloading new SDK version and build the new version.

P/s:

Could you please send me the screenshot of your device which has blue box and no picture inside, it's very helpful for me to figure out the problem. (press both volume up(+) and down(-) button will capture the screen).

Document scanner link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/24119974

Best regards,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Please use plain text.
Shawky99
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Triet,

Is the app working properly now? Kindly let me know is it is 100% reliable so I can download on my BBQ10.

your hard work is much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Shawky

I love BB10

Please use plain text.
Developer
trietto

Hi, You can download free version first http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20309913/

And if you want to use it I prefer paid version http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20321119/

please note that you need to allow share files permission to make this app works (many users have problem when they don't allow this)

Best regards,

Triet

I love BB10.
To Xuan Triet
Please use plain text.